Side Door Apex Summerhouse 77 - Two Rooms, Large Panes
Sizes from 6'x12' to 10'x20'. These top of the range, high quality summerhouses include 2 rooms as standard and a choice of deal, cedar or pressure treated cladding. The main room features panoramic low level glazing with double doors, opening window and toughened glass as standard. The smaller room features a fully boarded single hinged door and an opening window. Options include a cedar slatted roof and a bearers. Detailed instructions are supplied for easy DIY self assembly. We offer fitting as a low cost option.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 17th January.
- All timber used in the construction of these summerhouses originates from sustainable forests
- All timber treated by total immersion in a high quality spirit based preservative
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows - if cedar cladding is specified the joinery doors and windows will also be made from cedar
- 45mm x 33mm planed deal framework (finished sizes after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof and floor boards (finished size after machining)
- Decorative fluted fascias and mouldings
- Decorative moulded and mitred window beads
- Black, green or red mineral felted roof
- Eaves height 6'8" (2040mm)
- External ridge height on 6' deep summerhouses 7'8" (2340mm)
- External ridge height on 8' deep summerhouses 7'11" (2410mm)
- External ridge height on 10' deep summerhouses 8'2" (2490mm)
- Panoramic low level glazing with doors and sidelight windows fully glazed to the floor
- Toughened glass to BS6206 Class A as standard
- All summerhouses include 1 top hinged opening window in the side wall
- The standard designs include double doors and fully glazed non opening windows along the full length of the summerhouse front wall
- All summerhouses include double doors 6' high x 4' wide (1835mm x 1220mm)
- Doors supplied with fitted mortice lock
- Width of room 1.22m (4')
- Depth of room varies from 1.83m (6') to 3.05m (10')
- Single glazed toughened glass to BS6206 Class A as standard
- 1 opening window
- 2'11" wide fully boarded framed ledged and braced single hinged door
- Door supplied with fitted mortice lock
HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION: A feature of these quality summerhouses is the heavy duty doors, which are joinery made with morticed and tenoned joints. A good quality mortice lock and heavy duty handles and hinges are also included. The windows are well made with joinery opening windows featuring morticed and tenoned joints. The glazing is real glass retained with glazing beads. Another feature is the substantial framing spaced close together, which ensures a more robust and durable building. All timber is planed smooth with interlocking tongued and grooved boards throughout.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
LOW LEVEL GLAZING: Low level glazing provides a panoramic view from inside your garden room so you can appreciate your garden fully. With low level glazing you can enjoy a better view of the garden, especially at sites where the garden slopes away.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the depth and the second dimension is the width. The depth refers to the angled gable walls to each side. The width refers to the front and rear walls including the door wall. The sizes listed are external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many others quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Choice of storage room positioned to left side or to right side (viewed from outside)
- Choice of storage room window positioned in side wall or in rear wall opposite the door (viewed from outside)
- Choice of standard door and window layout or made to your individual requirements
- Choice of 12mm deal shiplap, 12mm pressure treated deal shiplap, 19mm deal shiplap, 19mm pressure treated deal shiplap or 12mm Western Red Cedar shiplap (finished sizes after machining)
- Attractive and durable smooth planed pressure treated deal or cedar slatted roof on top of a felted solid pine inner roof
- Pressure treated 2" x 2" floor bearers (lifetime preservative treatment)
- The summerhouse can be supplied with less windows at the same price if requested
- The storage room can be supplied with no windows at the same price if requested
- Choice of black, green or red mineral felted roof
- This summerhouse can be made in smaller sections if access restricted
OPTIONAL SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our optional in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality summerhouse. This is because any building with in house installation available is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your summerhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently fixed in the wood. Tanalith E is the most popular preservative used so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated or tanalised wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.
WESTERN RED CEDAR: Western Red Cedar is a naturally resilient timber which lasts longer than pine and other softwoods, even if never treated from new. It has been widely used in construction for over a century. During this time cedar has deservedly earned an unrivalled reputation for its attractive appearance and extraordinary durability. It is the ideal choice for people who are too busy to maintain their garden building. This oily timber has a strong but pleasant aroma which repells insects. Cedar contains hardly any knots. If untreated it will fade to a silvery grey colour. Western Red Cedar is a sustainable resource from the well managed forests of North America.
CEDAR SLATTED ROOF: This attractive and durable cedar slatted roof is fitted on top of a felted solid pine inner roof. Cedar slatted roofs are manufactured using smooth planed Western Red cedar boards. The planed smooth finish ensures that rainwater drains away faster and the timber dries quickly, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse.
FLOOR BEARERS: Bearers are substantial pressure treated beams under the floor, which will prolong the life of your summerhouse. The bearers are the only part of the summerhouse which is in contact with the ground and they are pressure treated for longer life. The bearers also raise the floor above the ground. This allows air to circulate under the floor to reduce dampness and also reduces saturation of the lower cladding boards.
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Designed to spread weight and quickly clipped together, each paver is 500mm x 500mm. These durable and eco friendly plastic pavers are made from 100% recycled polypropylene. Lightweight and easy to install, the finished base will outlast any summerhouse. Extensive preparation is not normally required - just level the soil and lay the pavers directly on the soil. No sand or shingle is required. Weed membranes are not needed below timber floors. Unlike paving or concrete these bases are self draining and fully relocatable. Our standard pavers support 150 tonnes per square metre. They are suitable for any normal use and they can be laid on a soil or shingle sub-base. Our heavier duty pavers support 350 tonnes per square metre. They can be laid on any flat surface including concrete. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location the pavers can be easily cut to size with no loss of structural integrity. These heavy duty pavers are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these summerhouses is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your summerhouse can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. There is a charge for this option and notice is required with the order. For more details see "Other options".
- Delivery is normally between 3 and 4 weeks after order.
- Our summerhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These high quality summerhouses are normally delivered by specialist trained staff in dedicated vehicles. The benefits of a specialist delivery service include less damage, larger panels, heavier construction and helpful drivers who will carry your summerhouse to your chosen storage place.
- All prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this summerhouse by phone or online.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.
- We offer installation by specialist trained staff as an option.
OPTIONAL INSTALLATION: If installation is ordered your summerhouse will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you. These buildings are designed to be professionally installed so more care is taken in the factory to speed up installation and minimize problems on site. The result is better quality buildings which are easy to fit and longer lasting.
SIMPLE DIY ASSEMBLY: Because these high quality summerhouses are designed to be professionally installed they are also easier to fit yourself. Features of these buildings include careful construction with high quality components, larger panel sizes and fewer problems.