Cedar Octagonal Summerhouse 742 - Georgian, Toughened Glass
These superb quality high specification summerhouses are 8'2"x6'3" and feature cedar cladding and toughened safety glass as standard. Quality features include locking joinery double doors, four windows and panoramic low level Georgian glazing. The floor boards are heavy duty 21mm thick Thermowood, which have been thermally modified for longevity. The generous 6'5" eaves height helps ensure comfortable use. The overall ridge height is under 2.5 metres high to avoid planning restrictions. An attractive cedar slatted roof is available as an optional extra. Detailed instructions are supplied for DIY self assembly.
Prices fixed until Thursday 31st January.
- Western Red Cedar (a managed and replanted natural resource)
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- All timber is treated by total immersion in a high quality preservative which is colourless to enhance the natural beauty of the wood
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows made from Western Red Cedar
- Large glazed area with low level Georgian style windows to both sides
- Toughened safety glass throughout
- 2 large Georgian style full height opening windows
- 2 large Georgian style non opening windows
- Double doors 5'10" high x 4'0" wide with mortice lock fitted (1793mm x 1227mm)
- Key locking doors with chrome finish door handles and stainless steel hinges
- 11mm Western Red Cedar shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- Strong ex 2"x2" planed deal framework (finished sizes after machining)
- Substantial 70mm x 45mm planed deal roof joists (finished sizes after machining)
- 9mm thick plywood roof boards
- Heavy duty 21mm thick Thermowood tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- Pressure treated ex 2" floor joists
- Ornate finials
- Strong corner caps
- Moulded and mitred window beads
- Red mineral felted roof
- Eaves height 6'5" (1949mm)
- Ridge height 8'2" (2492mm)
WESTERN RED CEDAR: Western Red Cedar is a naturally resilient timber which lasts longer than pine and other softwoods, even if never treated from new. It has been widely used in construction for over a century. During this time cedar has deservedly earned an unrivalled reputation for its attractive appearance and extraordinary durability. It is the ideal choice for people who are too busy to maintain their garden building. This oily timber has a strong but pleasant aroma which repells insects. Cedar contains hardly any knots. If untreated it will fade to a silvery grey colour. Western Red Cedar is a sustainable resource from the well managed forests of North America.
JOINERY DOORS AND WINDOWS: A feature of these quality summerhouses is the joinery doors and windows with morticed and tenoned joints throughout. These intricate joints are harder to pull apart and therefore stronger. The ends of the timber are also better protected and therefore more durable.
LOW LEVEL GLAZING: Low level glazing provides a panoramic view from inside your garden room so you can appreciate your garden fully. With low level glazing you can enjoy a better view of the garden, especially at sites where the garden slopes away.
OCTAGONAL BUILDING SIZES: For ease of reference these octagonal summerhouses are measured as a rectangle. The first dimension listed is the overall width from side to side and the second dimension is the depth from front to back. The external wall sizes are listed alongside the price. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Attractive and durable smooth planed cedar slatted roof on top of a felted wooden inner roof
CEDAR SLATTED ROOF: This attractive and durable cedar slatted roof is fitted on top of a felted solid pine inner roof. Cedar slatted roofs are manufactured using smooth planed Western Red cedar boards. The planed smooth finish ensures that rainwater drains away faster and the timber dries quickly, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse.
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Designed to spread weight and quickly clipped together, each paver is 500mm x 500mm. These durable and eco friendly plastic pavers are made from 100% recycled polypropylene. Lightweight and easy to install, the finished base will outlast any summerhouse. Extensive preparation is not normally required - just level the soil and lay the pavers directly on the soil. No sand or shingle is required. Weed membranes are not needed below timber floors. Unlike paving or concrete these bases are self draining and fully relocatable. Our standard pavers support 150 tonnes per square metre. They are suitable for any normal use and they can be laid on a soil or shingle sub-base. Our heavier duty pavers support 350 tonnes per square metre. They can be laid on any flat surface including concrete. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location the pavers can be easily cut to size with no loss of structural integrity. These heavy duty pavers are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
- Delivery is normally between 6 and 8 weeks after order.
- Our summerhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
- This summerhouse is easy to deliver if access is restricted - all sections are designed to pass through a normal single door.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: This summerhouse is delivered as a large pack on a pallet. The driver can unload it quickly and easily without assistance for delivery to the kerbside. It is not normally possible to deliver the pallet into the back garden. The pallet is strapped and sealed on delivery but after it is opened the individual components are easy to carry.
- All prices for these summerhouses include VAT.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.
- Low cost installation is available in most areas
- Low fixed rates
- Payment on completion
THOUSANDS OF SATISFIED CUSTOMERS: Since we were established in 1981 we have fitted buildings for thousands of customers at unbeatable prices. Our specialist fitters have agreed to fit buildings in your area at low fixed rates in return for regular work. Payment is due on completion. To order online just add your chosen fitting option to your shopping basket before you proceed to the checkout. To order by phone just phone us 7 days a week on 01603 721590.
LOW PRICES FOR BASELAYING AND INSTALLATION: Our unique low cost installation service is available in most areas. To see the prices in your local area just enter the first half of your postcode at the top of every page or CLICK HERE. If available our installation service is offered alongside the building prices. To see the prices just click on the blue "i" symbol next to each fitter.
NO FITTERS IN YOUR AREA? If you cannot see any fitters in your area please phone us for a quotation. If you experience any other problems, for example entering your postcode or finding the fitting prices just contact us. You can phone us on 01603 721590. Lines are open 7 days a week and our expert advisers are always happy to help.
FITTERS & BASELAYERS REQUIRED - REGISTER FREE: Give your business a boost - we can put you in touch with customers in your local area! Register now - its free! We need more fitters and base layers in all areas across England, Scotland and Wales. This free service is so simple - it only takes a few minutes to register. Just phone us on 01603 721590 or CLICK HERE to apply online.