Pent Summerhouse 171 - Georgian Glazing, Double Door
These summerhouses are available in 44 sizes. The depths are 5' to 12' (1.5m - 3.6m). The widths are 8' to 20' (2.4m - 6.0m). Features include superb joinery doors and Georgian windows with tongued and grooved shiplap cladding. Double hinged doors and opening windows in both side walls are included as standard. Other features include strong 2"x2" thick planed framing and a tongued and grooved roof. Options include insulation and external paint treatment in a choice of colours.
- Free same day installation
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- These summerhouses include immersion treatment in light brown preservative as standard
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows
- Georgian style glazing with individual panes
- Large glazed area to the front and both sides
- All summerhouses include a top hinged one pane opening window in each side wall
- Strong ex 2" x 2" planed framework
- Pressure treated 2" x 2" floor joists (lifetime preservative treatment). Bearers not required
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Front roof projection without verandah approximately 15" (375mm)
- Neatly profiled fascias
- Any summerhouse up to 7' deep includes 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- Any summerhouse over 7' deep includes heavy duty 18mm thick tongued and grooved moisture resistant particle board flooring as standard
- Windows glazed with timber beading and 3mm horticultural glass bedded on silicone sealant
- Double hinged doors
- Black antique style door handles and hinges
- Mortice lock fitted
- Green mineral felted roof
- Internal eaves height at the lowest point inside 6'0" (1820mm)
- Internal ridge height 6'8" or 2060mm
- Door height 5'11" (1805mm)
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality summerhouse. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your summerhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These summerhouses feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
HEAVY DUTY FLOOR: The standard floor is stronger than the floor in most summerhouses and suitable for normal use. It features 12mm thick tongued and grooved boards with 2" x 2" pressure treated bearers spaced close together for improved strength. The heavy duty floor features the same bearer size and spacing but with 18mm thick tongued and grooved moisture resistant particle board, which is similar to the timber flooring used in housebuilding. The heavy duty floor is exceptionally strong and suitable for storing heavier items even if a considerable weight is concentrated on only a few small points.
NO BEARERS REQUIRED: The floor joists are pressure treated so separate bearers are not required, which represents a saving on the overall cost. The floor joists are the only part of the shed which is in contact with the ground.
GEORGIAN GLAZING: These summerhouses feature Georgian style glazing with individual panes of glass, unlike most Georgian style summerhouses with criss cross shaped beads fitted over one large pane of glass. These smaller panes of glass are much harder to break and less dangerous when broken. The individual panes of glass are securely beaded within a substantial timber joinery frame. A considerable force is required to shatter the glass. Toughened safety glass is not normally necessary with such small panes of glass and if required it is more expensive in small panes.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the depth and the second dimension is the width. The depth refers to the sloping wall. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Choice of 12mm deal shiplap or 15mm deal loglap (finished sizes after machining)
- High quality external paint system offered in a choice of one or two colours
- Internal lining and insulation to the walls and roof, with polystyrene insulation and plain MDF lining
- Heavy duty floor with 18mm thick tongued and grooved moisture resistant particle board (this option is included as standard with all summerhouses over 7' deep)
- Higher walls (increases the internal headroom but the door height remains the same)
- Internal partitions
- Available with no windows in either side wall or both side walls at the same price
- Toughened glass
- Window boxes
- Recycled plastic base kits
- These buildings can be individually designed to suit your exact needs
- This summerhouse can be made in smaller sections if access restricted
COLOURED EXTERNAL PAINT FINISH: You can choose one or two of our opaque paint colours. The doors, windows and fascias can be painted the same colour as the external cladding or a different colour. This high quality microporous paint system is available in a choice of colours. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these summerhouses is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your summerhouse can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. There is a charge for this option and notice is required with the order. For more details see "Other options".
MADE TO MEASURE: These summerhouses can be individually designed to suit your exact needs at little or no extra cost. Additional doors, additional windows and internal partitions are standard options. The price normally increases only if the number of doors or windows is increased. To see our standard door and window layouts look at DESIGN OPTIONS elsewhere within this product description. If none of the standard designs are suitable just contact us. You can phone us 7 days a week on 01603 721590 or send a sketch of your design by e-mail, fax or post.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Our durable eco-grid and eco-paving base kits are an affordable alternative to slabs or concrete. Lightweight and easy to install within a few minutes, these 100% recycled polypropylene pavers simply click together with no fixings needed. Designed to spread weight these lightweight pavers are stronger and longer lasting than a timber floor. Extensive preparation is not normally required - just level the soil and lay the pavers directly on the soil. No sand or shingle is required. Weed membranes are not needed below timber floors. The pavers interlock for greater rigidity. Unlike paving or concrete our plastic bases are self draining and fully relocatable. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location the pavers can be cut to size with no loss of structural integrity. The base is normally a few inches larger than your building. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
ECO-GRID BASE KITS: Our eco-grid plastic bases can support up to 150 tonnes per square metre. Each eco-grid paver is 472mm x 472mm and 40mm thick with an immensely strong 60mm hexagonal cell structure. Eco-grids can be laid on soil or shingle. Integral pegs on the underside help to level the base grids more easily. If the sub-base is concrete or a similar hard surface we recommend our eco-paving which features a flat underside.
ECO-PAVING BASE KITS: Our eco-paving is stronger, less brittle and more difficult to damage than concrete paving slabs. The pavers have a strong grid structure underneath and the surface looks similar to concrete slabs. We recommend eco-paving bases for larger sheds and workshops, log cabins, commercial use and any other heavy duty applications. It is also recommended if the sub-base is concrete or a similar hard surface, because the pavers feature a flat and level underside. Eco-paving can also be laid on soil or shingle. Supporting up to 200 tonnes per square metre, each eco-grid paver is 385mm x 385mm and 40mm thick.
BURGLAR ALARM: This simple and effective battery operated burglar alarm kit is easy to install in any wooden garden building. The main panel features a digital keypad and a powerful built-in siren. Two pre-wired door contacts are also included complete with a length of cable which plugs into the main panel. A 9 volt PP3 alkaline battery is required, which is not supplied with the kit. The alarm is easy to set using the digital keypad. A delay allows plenty of time to enter or leave the building after setting the alarm. Once the alarm has been armed it will be triggered by opening the door or tampering with the wiring. When the alarm is activated the siren emits a powerful and unpleasant sound to deter intruders.
- Delivery is normally between 2 and 3 weeks after order.
- Our prices for summerhouses include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These summerhouses are normally delivered by the fitters in dedicated vehicles. This ensures less damage and also there is no delay between delivery and fitting.
- All prices for these summerhouses include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this summerhouse by phone or online.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.
- All prices include FREE INSTALLATION by specialist trained staff.
- Your summerhouse will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you.
FREE INSTALLATION: This summerhouse includes free installation. Because every building is fitted free they are better made than other summerhouses. Everything possible is done to simplify the installation and minimize problems on site. The doors are factory fitted complete with locks and handles. Even the glass and glazing beads are factory fitted. The result is better quality summerhouses which are fitted quickly with fewer complications.