Apex Summerhouse 151 - Low Level Glazing, Double Door
These excellent quality summerhouses are available in 47 sizes. The widths are 7', 8', 9', 10', 11', 12', 14', 16', 18', or 20' wide (2.1m - 6.0m). The depths are 5' to 12' deep (1.5m - 3.6m). An optional 2', 3' or 4' deep verandah is also available. Features include joinery doors and windows with shiplap cladding and a tongued and grooved floor and roof. Quality features include double hinged doors and strong 2" thick planed framing. Options include a verandah, insulation and external paint treatment in a choice of colours.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 28th August.
- Free same day installation
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- These summerhouses include immersion treatment in light brown preservative as standard
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows
- Large glazed area with low level windows to the front wall
- Summerhouses up to 13' wide include a three pane non opening window either side of the doors
- Summerhouses over 13' wide include a six pane non opening window either side of the doors
- Strong ex 2" x 2" planed framework
- Pressure treated 2" x 2" floor joists (lifetime preservative treatment). Bearers not required
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Summerhouses up to 7' deep include 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- Summerhouse over 7' deep include heavy duty 18mm thick tongued and grooved moisture resistant particle board flooring as standard
- Front roof projection approximately 15" (375mm)
- Neatly profiled fascias
- Windows glazed with timber beading and 3mm horticultural glass bedded on silicone sealant
- Double hinged doors
- Mortice lock fitted
- Green mineral felted roof
- Internal eaves height at the lowest point inside 6'2" (1880mm)
- External ridge height 7'1" or 2170mm (8' wide)
- External ridge height 7'8" or 2330mm (10' wide)
- Door height 5'11" (1805mm)
- Door width 3'11" (1195mm)
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality summerhouse. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your summerhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These summerhouses feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
HEAVY DUTY FLOOR: The standard floor is stronger than the floor in most summerhouses and suitable for normal use. It features 12mm thick tongued and grooved boards with 2" x 2" pressure treated bearers spaced close together for improved strength. The heavy duty floor features the same bearer size and spacing but with 18mm thick tongued and grooved moisture resistant particle board, which is similar to the timber flooring used in housebuilding. The heavy duty floor is exceptionally strong and suitable for storing heavier items even if a considerable weight is concentrated on only a few small points.
NO BEARERS REQUIRED: The floor joists are pressure treated so separate bearers are not required, which represents a saving on the overall cost. The floor joists are the only part of the shed which is in contact with the ground.
LOW LEVEL GLAZING: Low level glazing provides a panoramic view from inside your garden room so you can appreciate your garden fully. With low level glazing you can enjoy a better view of the garden, especially at sites where the garden slopes away.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. These sizes do not include the optional verandah. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the depth. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The depth refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are external wall sizes. These sizes do not including the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
WE ARE PROUD TO DISPLAY A SIMILAR BUILDING: You can see a similar building to this one on display at our show centre in Norwich. Although it is not exactly the same model, it is a similar building made in the same factory to a similar specification using the same components. The display will give you a good impression of the overall quality of construction. With thousands of buildings on our website and only a few dozen on display, we only display our best value buildings. We chose to display this building because it is one of our favourite buildings. We know it will bear close scrutiny. If you are able to visit us you will see the quality for yourself. Our Show Centre is open 7 days a week with expert advisors always available.
- Choice of 12mm deal shiplap or 15mm deal loglap (finished sizes after machining)
- High quality external paint system offered in a choice of one or two colours
- Internal lining and insulation to the walls and roof, with polystyrene insulation and plain MDF lining
- 2' deep open front verandah with decking floor, profiled railings and balustrade to each side
- 3' deep or 4' deep enclosed verandah with decking floor, profiled railings and balustrade to the sides and front
- Heavy duty floor with 18mm thick tongued and grooved moisture resistant particle board (this option is included as standard with all summerhouses over 7' deep)
- Higher walls (increases the internal headroom but the door height remains the same)
- Internal partitions
- Decorative red, green or black mineral felt tiles
- Genuine traditionally made cedar shingle roof with individual Western Red cedar shingles
- Toughened glass
- Window boxes
- Recycled plastic base kits
- This summerhouse can be made in smaller sections if access restricted
COLOURED EXTERNAL PAINT FINISH: You can choose one or two of our opaque paint colours. The doors, windows and fascias can be painted the same colour as the external cladding or a different colour. This high quality microporous paint system is available in a choice of colours. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these summerhouses is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your summerhouse can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. There is a charge for this option and notice is required with the order. For more details see "Other options".
DECORATIVE FELT TILES: Mineral coated bitumen felt tiles are an attractive and durable roofing material which is far more hardwearing than standard roofing felt. Traditionally used for small buildings only in the UK, felt tiles are used much more in Scandinavia and North America where they are used widely in general housebuilding. The sophisticated design features a strip of almost dry bitumen adhesive. This ensures that every tile is stuck to the tile below within a few days for improved waterproofing and windproofing. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture. Mineral felt tiles are made using asphalt with a bitumen binder and an external covering of durable and attractive natural stone chips. Mineral felt tiles are often described as felt shingles because the design resembles traditional cedar shingles.
CEDAR ROOF SHINGLES: Attractive and durable, cedar shingles make the ideal roof for high specification summerhouses. These genuine cedar roof shingles are traditionally made from Western Red Cedar. The individual cedar shingles are laid over a felted solid pine inner roof. Each individual cedar tile is a known as a shingle. Cedar shingles have long been a popular roofing material for domestic and public buildings in large parts of North America where cedar shingles have a reputation for warmth and longevity. Cedar has an unrivalled reputation for durability and cedar shingles often last for many decades. We use only the highest grade of shingles which are 100% heartwood, 100% free from defects and 100% edge grain. Heartwood edge grain is the densest possible cut which ensures maximum durability. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Designed to spread weight and quickly clipped together, each paver is 500mm x 500mm. These durable and eco friendly plastic pavers are made from 100% recycled polypropylene. Lightweight and easy to install, the finished base will outlast any summerhouse. Extensive preparation is not normally required - just level the soil and lay the pavers directly on the soil. No sand or shingle is required. Weed membranes are not needed below timber floors. Unlike paving or concrete these bases are self draining and fully relocatable. Our standard pavers support 150 tonnes per square metre. They are suitable for any normal use and they can be laid on a soil or shingle sub-base. Our heavier duty pavers support 350 tonnes per square metre. They can be laid on any flat surface including concrete. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location the pavers can be easily cut to size with no loss of structural integrity. These heavy duty pavers are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
BURGLAR ALARM: This simple and effective battery operated burglar alarm kit is easy to install in any wooden garden building. The main panel features a digital keypad and a powerful built-in siren. Two pre-wired door contacts are also included complete with a length of cable which plugs into the main panel. A 9 volt PP3 alkaline battery is required, which is not supplied with the kit. The alarm is easy to set using the digital keypad. A delay allows plenty of time to enter or leave the building after setting the alarm. Once the alarm has been armed it will be triggered by opening the door or tampering with the wiring. When the alarm is activated the siren emits a powerful and unpleasant sound to deter intruders.
- Delivery is normally between 4 and 5 weeks after order.
- Our prices for summerhouses include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These summerhouses are normally delivered by the fitters in dedicated vehicles. This ensures less damage and also there is no delay between delivery and fitting.
- All prices for these summerhouses include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this summerhouse by phone or online.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.
- All prices include FREE INSTALLATION by specialist trained staff.
- Your summerhouse will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you.
FREE INSTALLATION: This summerhouse includes free installation. Because every building is fitted free they are better made than other summerhouses. Everything possible is done to simplify the installation and minimize problems on site. The doors are factory fitted complete with locks and handles. Even the glass and glazing beads are factory fitted. The result is better quality summerhouses which are fitted quickly with fewer complications.