Stock products are delivered within a few days. Many other products are made to order. Please check individual products for specific delivery information.
Click this messge to hide it.
Pent Summerhouse 142 - Double Glazed, Low Level Glazing
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- All timber treated by total immersion in a high quality preservative
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows - if cedar cladding is specified the joinery doors and windows will also be made from cedar
- Toughened double glazed doors and windows included as standard
- Panoramic low level glazing with doors and sidelight windows fully glazed to the floor
- 2 non opening fully glazed front windows (8', 10' and 12' wide summerhouses)
- 4 non opening fully glazed front windows (14' and 16' wide summerhouses)
- 2 fully glazed two pane side windows each with a top hinged opening fanlight window, one in each side wall
- Fully glazed double opening hinged doors with mortice lock fitted
- Chrome finish door handles and hinges
- Pressure treated 2" x 2" floor joists (lifetime preservative treatment). Bearers not required
- Strong ex 3" thick planed roof purlins (75mm finished size after machining)
- Strong ex 2" x 2" planed deal framework (45mm x 45mm finished sizes after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof and floor boards (finished size after machining)
- Front roof projection approximately 15" (380mm)
- Green mineral felted roof
- Internal height at the lowest point inside approximately 6'8" (2024mm)
- External height at the rear approximately 6'10" (2074mm)
- External height at the front approximately 7'6" (2295mm)
JOINERY DOORS AND WINDOWS: A feature of these quality summerhouses is the joinery doors and windows with morticed and tenoned joints throughout. These intricate joints are harder to pull apart and therefore stronger. The ends of the timber are also better protected and therefore more durable.
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These summerhouses feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
HEAVY DUTY FRAMING: These heavy duty summerhouses feature exceptionally strong framing, which ensures a more robust and durable building. Framing timber is normally supplied in standard timber sizes. The nominal size is the size before machining. The finished size after planing is normally around 5mm smaller. Framing of at least 50x25mm or 38x38mm nominal thickness is recommended for smaller summerhouses up to 6'x8'. Framing of at least 50x38m nominal thickness is recommended for larger summerhouses up to 8'x10'. Framing of 2"x2" or 50x50mm nominal thickness or larger is recommended for the largest summerhouses.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the depth and the second dimension is the width. The depth refers to the sloping wall. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Choice of 12mm deal shiplap, 19mm deal shiplap cladding or 12mm Western Red Cedar shiplap (finished sizes after machining)
- Side windows are included to one or both sides. Up to two panes are included in the price with a choice of one pane each side or one or two panes to one side only. Two panes to both sides is also available at additional cost.
- Internal lining and insulation to the walls, floor and roof, with polystyrene insulation and plain MDF lining
- Heavy duty floor with 19mm thick tongued and grooved boards (finished size after machining)
- These summerhouses can be made in smaller sections if access restricted
- A selection of microporous wood preservatives in a wide choice of colours
WESTERN RED CEDAR: Western Red Cedar is a naturally resilient timber which lasts longer than pine and other softwoods, even if never treated from new. It has been widely used in construction for over a century. During this time cedar has deservedly earned an unrivalled reputation for its attractive appearance and extraordinary durability. It is the ideal choice for people who are too busy to maintain their garden building. This oily timber has a strong but pleasant aroma which repells insects. Cedar contains hardly any knots. If untreated it will fade to a silvery grey colour. Western Red Cedar is a sustainable resource from the well managed forests of North America.
MICROPOROUS PRESERVATIVE - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our quality microporous preservatives are impervious to water but not to water vapour. This allows the wood to breathe. You can order up to 3 separate colours if required. At least two coats are normally required with a further coat at periodic intervals.
Our 3 star preservative is practical and affordable with a choice of 4 colours. It covers around 10 square metres per litre and normally lasts 1-2 years before a further coat is required.
Our 4 star preservative is a high quality preservative which covers around 9 square metres per litre and normally lasts 2-5 years before a further coat is required. It is available with a choice of 12 colours.
Our 5 star preservative is a deluxe high build preservative which can be used to achieve a stunning finish. Each extra coat increases the colour and sheen. It covers around 8 square metres per litre and normally lasts 2-5 years before a further coat is required. It is available with a choice of 12 colours.
Based on average coverage five litres of our 4 star preservative is enough for two coats on an 8'x10' shed or an 8'x8' log cabin. Ten litres is enough for three coats on a 10'x16' shed or a 12'x10' log cabin. Coverage varies according to the smoothness of the surface and the porosity of the timber. We recommend that you order more than you need to be sure that you have easily enough. All of these preservatives are safe for use with children and pets. These microporous preservatives are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building or if you purchased a Summer building in the past. Prices include free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
WATERPROOF COLOUR SEAL - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: This advanced water-based microprous timber treatment uses the latest high-tech nanotechnology to create a long-lasting waterproof wood coating that is environmentally friendly. It is suitable for use on all softwood and hardwood products and is especially recommended for use on pressure treated timber, including sheds, summerhouses, gazebos, fencing and garden furniture. This timber treatment will colour, protect and enhance your exterior wood. It contains a mould inhibitor to protect the coating and can be used on all outside and inside timber. It gives a traditional matt wood stain finish in a range of natural colours. It can easily be applied by sprayer, brush or roller. It is recommended that the second coat is applied as soon as the first coat is touch dry. We advise for ultimate performance the timber has a wood preservative pre-treatment. For the first treatment, two coats are recommended and will give a traditional wood stain finish that is long lasting. A further coat is recommended every 2-5 years. One litre covers approximately 10-12 square metres. Coverage varies according to the smoothness of the surface and the porosity of the timber. On average five litres covers a 12x8 shed with two coats and ten litres covers a 10x20 with three coats. It is recommended that 2 coats be applied. We recommend that you order more than you need to be sure that you have easily enough. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow. Prices include free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
WATERPROOF CLEAR SEAL - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our hardwearing clear seal is ideal as a clear varnish for bare timber or as a waterproof top coat for painted wood and pressure treated timber. It is also ideal as a waterproof floor varnish, especially the polyurethane clear seal. The smooth and shiny finished surface is waterproof and easy to clean. Available in a choice of acrylic or polyurethane, these colourless water based coatings are almost odourless and recommended for smooth planed timber only. One coat is normally required as a sealing top coat on painted or treated timber. A minimum of two coats are normally required on untreated wood. Up to three coats may be required for floors. An unsealed timber floor quickly shows muddy boot marks and other dirt. For best results a floor should be treated at the earliest opportunity while the timber is new and clean. On average five litres of our 5 star clear seal is enough for three coats on a 12'x12' floor, two coats on the walls of an 8'x8' log cabin or one coat on the walls of a 12'x16' log cabin. We recommend that you order more than you need to be sure that you have easily enough. The price includes free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
HEAVY DUTY FLOOR: The standard floor is stronger than most summerhouse floors and suitable for all normal uses. It features 12mm thick tongued and grooved boards. The heavy duty floor features 19mm thick tongued and grooved boarding, which is similar to the tongued and grooved boarding used in housebuilding. It also features joists which are spaced close together for improved strength. The heavy duty floor is exceptionally strong and suitable for storing heavier items such as ride on mowers and large motorbikes where a considerable weight may be concentrated on one or two small points.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these offices is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your office can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. There is a charge for this option and notice is required with the order. For more details see "Other options".
DELIVERY UPDATE: This item is currently available within the estimated delivery times below, with no delays. Our delivery times are slower than normal due to unprecedented demand.
- Delivery is normally between 10 and 12 weeks after order for delivered only summerhouses.
- Our summerhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These summerhouses are normally delivered by specialist trained staff in dedicated vehicles. Most other summerhouses are delivered by national carriers who normally deliver to the kerbside only and their prices are based on weight and pack sizes. National carriers normally refuse to carry glass and generally cause more damage. As a result summerhouses delivered by outside carriers are normally made in smaller sections and weigh less, with thinner cladding and framing, styrene glazing less than 2mm thick and OSB floor and roof boards just 7mm thick. The benefits of a specialist delivery service include less damage, larger panels, heavier construction and helpful drivers who will carry your summerhouse to your chosen storage place.
- All summerhouse prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this summerhouse by phone or online.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
SPECIAL OFFER . . . FREE TOUGHENED GLASS . . . ONLY UNTIL WEDNESDAY 26th JANUARY!
- We are giving away free toughened glass with this summerhouse!
- This offer ends on Wednesday 26th January so ORDER NOW to avoid disappointment!