Apex Summerhouse 59 - Double Glazed, Georgian
Sizes from 8'x6' to 12'x20'. These top of the range, high quality summerhouses or garden rooms include double glazing as standard and a choice of deal, cedar or pressure treated cladding. Quality features include a joinery door, 2 opening side windows, front windows, Georgian glazing and toughened safety glass. Options include insulation, internal lining, felt tiles, laminate floor and a coloured paint treatment in a choice of colours. Detailed instructions are supplied for easy DIY self assembly. We offer fitting as a low cost option.
Prices fixed until Saturday 30th June.
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- All timber treated by total immersion in a high quality spirit based preservative
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows - if cedar cladding is specified the joinery doors and windows will also be made from cedar
- Double glazed doors and windows
- Toughened glass to BS6206 Class A as standard
- All doors and windows include Georgian style glazing
- All summerhouses include 1 top hinged opening window in each side wall
- 8' wide summerhouses include 1 non opening front window
- 10' and 12' wide summerhouses include 2 non opening front windows
- All summerhouses include a single hinged door 6' high x 2'4" wide (1835mm x 700mm)
- Doors supplied with fitted mortice lock
- Strong 58mm x 33mm planed deal framework (finished sizes after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof and floor boards (finished size after machining)
- Front roof projection approximately 14" (355mm)
- Black, green or red mineral felted roof
- Eaves height 6'8" (2040mm)
- External ridge height on 8' wide summerhouses 7'11" (2410mm)
- External ridge height on 10' and 12' wide summerhouses 8'2" (2490mm)
HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION: A feature of these quality summerhouses is the heavy duty doors, which are joinery made with morticed and tenoned joints. A good quality mortice lock and heavy duty handles and hinges are also included. The windows are well made with joinery opening windows featuring morticed and tenoned joints. The glazing is real glass retained with glazing beads. Another feature is the substantial framing spaced close together, which ensures a more robust and durable building. All timber is planed smooth with interlocking tongued and grooved boards throughout.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the depth. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The depth refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Choice of standard door and window layout or made to your individual requirements
- Choice of 12mm deal shiplap, 12mm pressure treated deal shiplap, 19mm deal shiplap, 19mm pressure treated deal shiplap or 12mm Western Red Cedar shiplap (finished sizes after machining)
- Coloured external paint finish in a choice of colours
- Internal lining and insulation to the walls and ceiling, with a choice of tongued and grooved matchboard lining or painted MDF lining
- Double doors in lieu of single door
- Additional doors and windows
- Tinted glass
- These summerhouses can be supplied with less windows at the same price if requested
- Choice of black antique or chrome plated door and window handles
- Internal partition
- Choice of black, green or red mineral felted roof
- Decorative mineral felt tiles in a choice of colours
- Genuine traditionally made cedar shingle roof with individual Western Red cedar shingles
- Attractive and durable smooth planed pressure treated deal or cedar slatted roof on top of a felted solid pine inner roof
- 7mm thick hardwearing laminate floor in a choice of attractive finishes
- This summerhouse can be made in smaller sections if access restricted
OPTIONAL SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our optional in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality summerhouse. This is because any building with in house installation available is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your summerhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
MADE TO MEASURE: These summerhouses can be individually designed to suit your exact needs at little or no extra cost. Additional doors, additional windows and internal partitions are standard options. The price normally increases only if the number of doors or windows is increased. To see our standard door and window layouts look at DESIGN OPTIONS elsewhere within this product description. If none of the standard designs are suitable just contact us. You can phone us 7 days a week on 01603 721590 or send a sketch of your design by e-mail, fax or post.
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently fixed in the wood. Tanalith E is the most popular preservative used so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated or tanalised wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.
WESTERN RED CEDAR: Western Red Cedar is a naturally resilient timber which lasts longer than pine and other softwoods, even if never treated from new. It has been widely used in construction for over a century. During this time cedar has deservedly earned an unrivalled reputation for its attractive appearance and extraordinary durability. It is the ideal choice for people who are too busy to maintain their garden building. This oily timber has a strong but pleasant aroma which repells insects. Cedar contains hardly any knots. If untreated it will fade to a silvery grey colour. Western Red Cedar is a sustainable resource from the well managed forests of North America.
COLOURED EXTERNAL PAINT TREATMENT: A high quality microporous paint system is available in a choice of opaque colours. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Microporous woodstains offer superior absorption and protection plus greater durability. The shiplap boards are treated with one coat prior to manufacture to prevent any shrinkage marks. Two further coats are applied after manufacturing. All window and door frames are treated with base coat prior to manufacturing. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
CEDAR SLATTED ROOF: This attractive and durable cedar slatted roof is fitted on top of a felted solid pine inner roof. Cedar slatted roofs are manufactured using smooth planed Western Red cedar boards. The planed smooth finish ensures that rainwater drains away faster and the timber dries quickly, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse.
CEDAR ROOF SHINGLES: Attractive and durable, cedar shingles make the ideal roof for high specification summerhouses. These genuine cedar roof shingles are traditionally made from Western Red Cedar. The individual cedar shingles are laid over a felted solid pine inner roof. Each individual cedar tile is a known as a shingle. Cedar shingles have long been a popular roofing material for domestic and public buildings in large parts of North America where cedar shingles have a reputation for warmth and longevity. Cedar has an unrivalled reputation for durability and cedar shingles often last for many decades. We use only the highest grade of shingles which are 100% heartwood, 100% free from defects and 100% edge grain. Heartwood edge grain is the densest possible cut which ensures maximum durability. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture.
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Designed to spread weight and quickly clipped together, each paver is 500mm x 500mm. These durable and eco friendly plastic pavers are made from 100% recycled polypropylene. Lightweight and easy to install, the finished base will outlast any summerhouse. Extensive preparation is not normally required - just level the soil and lay the pavers directly on the soil. No sand or shingle is required. Weed membranes are not needed below timber floors. Unlike paving or concrete these bases are self draining and fully relocatable. Our standard pavers support 150 tonnes per square metre. They are suitable for any normal use and they can be laid on a soil or shingle sub-base. Our heavier duty pavers support 350 tonnes per square metre. They can be laid on any flat surface including concrete. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location the pavers can be easily cut to size with no loss of structural integrity. These heavy duty pavers are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A feature of these quality summerhouses is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your summerhouse can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. There is no charge for this option but notice is required with the order. If you order online you can add the "made to pass through a doorway" option to your basket.
- Delivery is normally between 4 and 5 weeks after order for unpainted summerhouses.
- Delivery is normally between 6 and 8 weeks after order for painted finish summerhouses.
- Our summerhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These high quality summerhouses are normally delivered by specialist trained staff in dedicated vehicles. The benefits of a specialist delivery service include less damage, larger panels, heavier construction and helpful drivers who will carry your summerhouse to your chosen storage place.
- All prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this summerhouse by phone or online.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.
- We offer installation by specialist trained staff as an option.
OPTIONAL INSTALLATION: If installation is ordered your summerhouse will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you. These buildings are designed to be professionally installed so more care is taken in the factory to speed up installation and minimize problems on site. The result is better quality buildings which are easy to fit and longer lasting.
SIMPLE DIY ASSEMBLY: Because these high quality summerhouses are designed to be professionally installed they are also easier to fit yourself. Features of these buildings include careful construction with high quality components, larger panel sizes and fewer problems.