Wooden Garage 16 - Apex, Shiplap, Hinged Doors
Sizes from 8'x14' to 14'x24'. These premium quality single garages feature 2"x2" planed framing with shiplap cladding and a tongued and grooved roof. The joinery double hinged doors are 7' wide and are fully framed and braced with a mortice lock and handles fitted. Joinery opening windows are also included. The minimum internal height is 6'3" at the lowest point inside. Options include pressure treatment, an external paint treatment in a choice of colours, decorative felt tiles and a cedar slatted roof.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 24th April.
- Free same day installation
- Individually made to order
- All timber used in the construction of this garage originates from sustainable forests
- Strong ex 2" x 2" planed framework (45mm x 45mm finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- No timber floor included - concrete base required
- Strong ex 2" x 2" planed roof purlins (45mm x 45mm finished size after machining)
- Substantial roof trusses included as required
- The overall window area varies according to the building size. At least 2 three pane windows and 2 opening sashes are included as standard and more for larger buildings
- Joinery windows glazed with 3mm horticultural glass and vertical timber beads with external silicone seal
- 5'11" high x 7'0" wide (1800mm x 2130mm) heavy duty framed, ledged and braced double doors with galvanised hinges
- Mortice lock with handle and keys
- Heavy duty green mineral felted roof
- Internal eaves height at the lowest point inside 6'3" (1905mm)
- Eaves height 6'5" (1955mm)
- 8' wide garages external ridge height 8'0" (2444mm)
- 10' wide garages external ridge height 8'4" (2546mm)
- 12' wide garages external ridge height 8'11" (2717mm)
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality sectional garage. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your sectional garage and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: A feature of these quality garages is the door frame with vertical, horizontal and diagonal framing. The opening windows are also well made with morticed and tenoned joints. The glazing is glass fitted with glazing beads. Many garages include thin styrene glazing crudely retained with glazing pins, which provides little security or weather protection. Another feature is the substantial 2" thick framing spaced close together, which ensures a more robust and durable building.
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These sectional garages feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your sectional garage. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
HEAVY DUTY FRAMING: These heavy duty sectional garages feature exceptionally strong framing, which ensures a more robust and durable building. Framing timber is normally supplied in standard timber sizes. The nominal size is the size before machining. The finished size after planing is normally around 5mm smaller. Framing of at least 50x25mm or 38x38mm nominal thickness is recommended for smaller sectional garages up to 6'x8'. Framing of at least 50x38m nominal thickness is recommended for larger sectional garages up to 8'x10'. Framing of 2"x2" or 50x50mm nominal thickness or larger is recommended for the largest sectional garages.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The length refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Choice of pressure treated timber (lifetime preservative treatment) or timber treated by total immersion in a high quality preservative
- High quality external paint system offered in a wide choice of colours. The coloured paint finish is applied externally to the timber. Choice of one or two colours.
- Windows can be positioned to either side, or to suit your individual requirements
- Pressure treated 3" x 3" base plinth (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Cedar slatted roof fitted on top of a felted solid pine inner roof
- Decorative green, red or brown mineral felt tiles
- Double doors 8' wide (to suit 10', 12' and 14' wide garages only)
- Additional personnel door
- Additional joinery windows
- Available with no windows for improved security at no additional cost
- Toughened glass to BS6206 Class A
- Perspex glazing
- Decorative scalloped fascias - This option is not available on a building fitted with felt tiles
- Internal partitions
- Shelf units, steel or heavy duty timber
- Workbenches, single tier or double tier
- Additional security features
- This garage can be made in smaller sections if access is restricted
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced deep into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently bonded to the cell structure of the wood at a molecular level. Tanalith E is a widely used water based version so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated or tanalised wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.
COLOURED EXTERNAL PAINT FINISH: This building is available treated with a high quality microporous paint system in a choice of opaque colours. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Microporous woodstains offer superior absorption and protection plus greater durability. One or two colours can be chosen, with the doors, windows and fascias being painted the same colour as the external cladding or different. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
CEDAR SLATTED ROOF: This attractive and durable cedar slatted roof is fitted on top of a felted solid pine inner roof. Cedar slatted roofs are manufactured using smooth planed Western Red cedar boards. The planed smooth finish ensures that rainwater drains away faster and the timber dries quickly, which ensures a longer life for your sectional garage.
DECORATIVE FELT TILES: Mineral coated bitumen felt tiles are an attractive and durable roofing material which is far more hardwearing than standard roofing felt. Traditionally used for small buildings only in the UK, felt tiles are used much more in Scandinavia and North America where they are used widely in general housebuilding. The sophisticated design features a strip of almost dry bitumen adhesive. This ensures that every tile is stuck to the tile below within a few days for improved waterproofing and windproofing. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture. Mineral felt tiles are made using asphalt with a bitumen binder and an external covering of durable and attractive natural stone chips. Mineral felt tiles are often described as felt shingles because the design resembles traditional cedar shingles.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
ADDITIONAL LOCKS: Heavy duty bolts, brackets and locks are available to provide additional security for your most valuable items. A heavy duty anchor bracket with a cable and padlock can be securely wall or floor mounted into brickwork, concrete or timber. The security cable is long enough to secure several items such as bicycles or a lawnmower. Padlocks are available with a closed shackle for security or a combination lock for convenience. Heavy duty sliding combination bolts can be fitted to single or double doors. The recodable combination bolt is quick and easy to use, with no keys to lose and no time wasted looking for keys. A hasp and staple set or a pair of door brackets can also be fitted to single or double doors. Ideally two pairs of brackets or two hasp and staple locks will provide a secure fixing point at the top and bottom of the door for maximum security.
BURGLAR ALARM: This simple and effective battery operated burglar alarm kit is easy to install in any wooden garden building. The main panel features a digital keypad and a powerful built-in siren. Two pre-wired door contacts are also included complete with a length of cable which plugs into the main panel. A 9 volt PP3 alkaline battery is required, which is not supplied with the kit. The alarm is easy to set using the digital keypad. A delay allows plenty of time to enter or leave the building after setting the alarm. Once the alarm has been armed it will be triggered by opening the door or tampering with the wiring. When the alarm is activated the siren emits a powerful and unpleasant sound to deter intruders.
SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS: These ingenious and affordable solar powered lights are easy to install with no mains wiring and they cost nothing to run. During the day the externally mounted solar panel converts daylight into electricity and recharges the batteries. The solar panel is weatherproof and suitable for outside use. It is normally positioned high on the walls of your sectional garage or on the roof. Our solar internal lights solve the problem of seeing inside your sectional garage at night. Our solar security lights illuminate the approach to your sectional garage at night and may also deter burglars. After dusk the passive infra red movement detector switches itself on when it detects movement. The more expensive solar lights are brighter and stay on for longer.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these garages is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your garage can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. There is a charge for this option and notice is required with the order. For more details see "Other options".
- Delivery is normally between 3 and 4 weeks after order for unpainted sectional garages.
- Delivery is normally between 5 and 7 weeks after order for painted finish sectional garages.
- Our sectional garage prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These sectional garages are normally delivered by the fitters in dedicated vehicles. This ensures less damage and no delay between delivery and fitting. Most cheaper sectional garages are delivered by national carriers who normally deliver to the kerbside only and cause more damage. Their prices are based on weight and panel sizes. As a result, sectional garages delivered by outside carriers are made in small and flimsy lightweight sections with less wood. The benefits of our specialist delivery service include less damage, larger more rigid panels and heavier construction.
- All sectional garage prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this sectional garage by phone or online.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.
- All prices include FREE INSTALLATION by specialist trained staff.
- Your sectional garage will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you.
FREE INSTALLATION: This sectional garage includes free installation. Because of this it is better made than other sectional garages. Everything possible is done to speed up installation and minimize problems on site. The result is better quality sectional garages which are fitted quickly with few complications. Features of these sectional garages include careful construction with high quality components and fewer problems.