Tower Play Centre 400 - With Slide and Climbing Wall
This premium quality play centre is 4'x10'2" (1.21x3.1m) and accommodates up to 6 children. It features a large tower with a 3'10" high (1170mm) platform and a 2.2m long slide. A climbing wall is also included. The tower includes a ladder with safety rails. The floor and vertical safety rails are ex 3/4" (16mm) thick boards. All timber is pressure treated, a lifetime preservative treatment. Handle grips, cover caps and fixings are included. Options include a telescope, binoculars, a pirate's wheel and a driving wheel. Safe base options include bark and rubber chippings. Detailed instructions are supplied for DIY self assembly.
- These play centres conform to European health, environmental and safety regulations for domestic use including CE Safety Certification and compliance with EN71 and BS5665.
- Maximum 6 children at the same time
- Maximum weight 50kg per child
- Pressure treated deal throughout (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Smooth planed timber with rounded edges throughout for enhanced safety
- 2.2m long slide in rigid self supporting injection moulded HDPE
- Slide is easily converted into a water feature with a standard garden hose
- Moulded handle grips with galvanized fixings and plastic covers
- Plastic cover caps for main fixings
- Base anchors included, pre-drilled galvanized steel corner pegs, supplied complete with fixings
- Substantial timber ladder with tubular steel rungs powder coated in different colours
- Decorative safety rails with substantial handrails
- Climbing wall
- Ex 3"x3" vertical support posts (finished size 70mm x 70mm)
- Ex 2.5"x1.5" floor joists (finished size 58mm x 32mm)
- Ex 2.5"x1.5" hand rails (finished size 58mm x 32mm)
- Ex 2.5"x1.5" horizontal framing (finished size 58mm x 32mm)
- Ex 2.5"x1.5" ladder uprights (finished size 58mm x 32mm)
- Ex 4"x3/4" horizontal braces and cover trims (finished size 90mm x 16mm)
- Ex 4"x3/4" vertical safety rails (finished size 90mm x 16mm)
- Ex 4"x3/4" floor boards (finished size 90mm x 16mm)
- Ex 4"x3/4" roof boards (finished size 90mm x 16mm)
- Ex 4"x3/4" climbing wall boards (finished size 90mm x 16mm)
- Recommended clearance around the structure 6'7" (2000mm)
- Overall width including roof overhang 4' (1210mm)
- Overall depth including slide and ladder 10'2" (3100mm)
- Platform size 3'3" (1000mm) x 3'3" (1000mm)
- Platform height 3'10" (1170mm)
- External height 9'3" (2820mm)
- Overall weight 126kg
- Engineered timber supplied as individual components, not prefabricated panels
- All components are cut to size. No cutting is required during assembly.
- All critical holes, for example in the framing, are pre-drilled in the factory for safety and convenience
- Boards are not pre-drilled - boards can be fitted without drilling holes using a powered screwdriver.
- Screwdriver bits and drill bits included
ENGINEERED TIMBER - THE BENEFITS This premium play equipment is offered at a fraction of the cost of comparable fully installed systems. The high quality kit is a modern engineered timber product, which has more in common with a precision engineered metal kit than a conventional timber garden structure. The manufacturing is more sophisticated and precise with better quality components. Precisely machined and pre-drilled where required, the individual components are neatly packed for efficient delivery with no large, cumbersome and fragile prefabricated panels. A powered screwdriver is recommended. Detailed step by step instructions show where every component and every fixing is used. All components are precisely cut to size. All critical holes are pre-drilled in the factory for safety and convenience. Fitting is a simple and straightforward project for a DIY enthiusist with no significant challenges and the finished structure will be universally admired.
SAFETY FIRST: This wooden play centre is as safe as practically possible and strong enough to withstand normal play. Screws and nails are recessed into the wood with no points or sharp edges protruding. The platform is strong enough to support the weight of several children. The ladder width and rung spacing ensures safe and comfortable use. The safety balustrade is strong enough to withstand children falling against it with gaps narrow enough to prevent a child falling through. This play centre is for domestic use and suitable for children aged 3 to 10 years and weighing less than 50kg. It is not suitable for children under 3 years old due to possible health and safety hazards. Adult supervision is required at all times.
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced deep into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently bonded to the cell structure of the wood at a molecular level. Tanalith E is a widely used water based version so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes listed alongside the price are the overall external play centre dimensions including all features such as slides and ladders. The dimensions are measured as a rectangle across the widest points. A safe area should be allowed around the play centre, especially in front of ladders and slides and on both sides of swings and climbing frames.
- A choice of safe playground surfaces, bark chippings or rubber chippings. Both are easy to lay and safe for children.
- Binoculars, which rotate in all directions. Made from high impact rubber modified styrene, this product does not magnify.
- Telescope, which rotates in all directions. Made from high impact rubber modified styrene, this product does not magnify.
- Moulded pirate's wheel, which rotates freely.
- Moulded driving wheel, which rotates freely.
- A selection of microporous wood preservatives in a wide choice of colours
SAFE PLAYGROUND SURFACES - BARK OR RUBBER: Bark and rubber chippings are ideal surfaces to lay around playhouses and play centres to protect children from falls. They provide a softer surface beneath swings, slides and climbing frames. They can be laid across the entire area or in high risk areas only. Bark or rubber chippings can be laid quickly and easy almost anywhere on any surface including hardcore or concrete. They can also be laid directly on flat and level soil although a weed membrane is recommended. Edging trims are also recommended to retain the chippings at the edges. To maintain the correct depth throughout we recommend allowing 10-20% extra.
RUBBER CHIPPINGS: Made with 100% recycled rubber, these quality chippings are graded with small regular sized nuggets. Unperishable and impervious to all weather, rubber chippings do not freeze, remain stable in extreme heat and dry quickly after rain. Children love the strong colour and the soft spongy feel of rubber chippings, which are clean and colourfast so no dirty footprints. A minimum 50mm depth is recommended all over and up to 100mm depth in the areas of highest risk.
BARK CHIPPINGS: This quality bark is graded with small nuggets of bark. The most popular choice for domestic playground surfaces, bark is an attractive natural product and significantly cheaper than rubber. Although very durable it will not outlast rubber. A minimum 100mm depth is recommended.
MICROPOROUS PRESERVATIVE - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our quality microporous preservatives are impervious to water but not to water vapour. This allows the wood to breathe. All of these preservatives are safe for use with children and pets and comply with BS5665/EN71 part 3. You can order up to 3 separate colours if required. At least two coats are normally required with a further coat at periodic intervals.
Our 3 star preservative is practical and affordable with a choice of 4 colours. It covers around 10 square metres per litre and normally lasts 1-2 years before a further coat is required.
Our 4 star preservative is a high quality preservative which covers around 9 square metres per litre and normally lasts 2-5 years before a further coat is requred. It is available with a choice of 12 colours.
Our 5 star preservative is a deluxe high build preservative which can be used to achieve a stunning finish. Each extra coat increases the colour and sheen. It covers around 8 square metres per litre and normally lasts 2-5 years before a further coat is required. It is available with a choice of 12 colours.
Based on average coverage five litres of our 4 star preservative is enough for three coats on a 6'x8' playhouse or two coats on an 8'x10' playhouse. Coverage varies according to the smoothness of the surface and the porosity of the timber. We recommend that you order more than you need to be sure that you have easily enough. These microporous preservatives are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building or if you purchased a Summer building in the past. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow. Prices include free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
WATERPROOF CLEAR SEAL - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our hardwearing clear seal is ideal as a clear varnish for bare timber or as a waterproof top coat for painted wood and pressure treated timber. It is also ideal as a waterproof floor varnish, especially the 5 star clear seal with ultra hardwearing polyurethane. The smooth and shiny finished surface is waterproof and easy to clean. Available in a choice of acrylic or polyurethane, these colourless water based coatings are almost odourless and recommended for smooth planed timber only. One coat is normally required as a sealing top coat on painted or treated timber. A minimum of two coats are normally required on untreated wood. Up to three coats may be required for floors. An unsealed timber floor quickly shows muddy boot marks and other dirt. For best results a floor should be treated at the earliest opportunity while the timber is new and clean. On average two and a half litres of our 5 star clear seal is enough for three coats on an 8'x8' floor, two coats on the walls of a 6'x4' playhouse or one coat on the walls of an 8'x8' playhouse. We recommend that you order more than you need to ensure that you have enough. The price includes free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION: This popular product is in stock now and available with next day delivery.
- Our next day delivery service is currently operating as normal although delays are a bit more likely. Delayed deliveries normally arrive on the following day.
- The next day delivery service may be stopped at any time with little or no notice. We therefore recommend selecting the earliest available delivery day.
- If you do not select a delivery day during the process of ordering please email us with your requirements as soon as possible afterwards.
- On busy days when our output capacity is reached that day is automatically closed early and it is no longer possible to select that day for delivery. In such cases the following weekday is the earliest day available.
- Please read on below the line for full details of the delivery service for this product.
- FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY or delay the delivery until you are ready then YOU TELL US WHICH DAY TO DELIVER
- We normally have this playhouse in stock so we can normally despatch your order immediately.
- Please provide at least one DAYTIME PHONE NUMBER where the driver can contact you on the day of delivery if needed.
- Delivery is by appointment and the driver can phone you 30 or 60 minutes before arriving.
- Standard next day delivery by appointment is included in the price. This ensures fast delivery and the lowest possible price for this popular playhouse but it requires two fit and strong people to unload by hand. Normally the delivery is arranged by appointment with your base layers or fitters.
- Crane offload is available as a low cost option in many areas. No assistance is required with unloading but please allow 3-5 weeks for delivery if you choose this option.
- This playhouse is delivered as a single pack several metres long, one metre wide, one metre high and weighing around 500 kilogrammes.
TELL US WHICH DAY: You need to tell us which day to deliver so we need to hear from you. If you want fast delivery you should contact us soon after you order by phone or email or you can request delivery later.
NEXT DAY DELIVERY: Next day delivery is included throughout mainland England, Wales, southern Scotland and central Scotland. We deliver on the next working day if requested before 10.00am. For example, to request delivery on Monday just contact us before 10.00am on Friday.
DELAYED DELIVERY: You can request a delivery day weeks in advance or you can wait to choose a delivery day later. We can deliver on any weekday of your choice, just contact us before 10.00am on the working day before.
STANDARD DELIVERY: The standard delivery is to the kerbside and assistance is required to unload it quickly. Two fit and strong people can normally unload this playhouse within 15-20 minutes. Often the delivery is arranged by appointment with your fitters. If requested the driver can phone you 30 or 60 minutes before arriving. Standard delivery is available to mainland addresses throughout England, Wales, southern and central Scotland but prices vary in different areas. You need to enter the first half of your postcode to see the correct prices in your local area. If you have not already done so click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
ENGLAND AND WALES: Delivery is available to any mainland address in England or Wales but prices vary in different areas. You need to enter the first half of your postcode to see the correct prices in your local area. If you have not already done so click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
SCOTLAND: Delivery is included to all mainland addresses in DG, EH, FK, G, KA1-26, KA29-30, KY, ML, PA1-19 and TD postcodes. To see the correct prices at any other Scottish address click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
OFFSHORE ISLANDS: Delivery is available to the Isle of Wight, the Scottish Islands, the Isle of Man, the Scilly Isles and the Channel Islands. To see the correct prices click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
NORTHERN IRELAND: Delivery is available throughout Northern Ireland. To see the correct prices click here to enter the first half of your BT postcode.
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Delivery is available throughout the Republic of Ireland. To see the correct prices please select Republic of Ireland as the country and enter the first part of your Eircode postal code e.g. A65. After that you can see all of the products available at the correct prices including delivery throughout the Republic of Ireland. To place an order just phone us 7 days a week on 01603 721590.
AM DELIVERY - BEFORE NOON: This low cost option is available at any mainland address in England and Wales. AM delivery before 12 noon is also available in Scotland to mainland address in DG, EH, FK, G, KA1-26, KA29-30, KY, ML, PA1-19 and TD postcodes. The AM delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. If your delivery is outside the specified time the charge will be fully refunded. AM delivery is not available if you choose the crane offload option.
SATURDAY AM DELIVERY: This low cost option is available at any mainland address in England or Wales. Saturday AM delivery before 12 noon is also available in Scotland to mainland address in DG, EH, FK, G, KA1-26, KA29-30, KY, ML, PA1-19 and TD postcodes. The Saturday delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. To request delivery on Saturday just contact us before 12 noon on Friday. Saturday delivery is not available if you choose the crane offload option.
CRANE OFFLOAD: The crane offload option is normally not required. Normally the delivery is arranged at a time when somebody is at home to help unload, often by arrangement with whoever is installing the cabin or building the base. If this is not possible the crane offload option ensures that the driver can unload quickly and easily without assistance. Often the driver can leave the pack on the drive, in the front garden or on the verge. It is not normally possible to deliver the pack into the back garden. The pack is strapped and sealed on delivery but after the pack is opened the individual components are easy to carry. The crane offload option is available at all mainland addresses in England, Wales and southern Scotland. The prices vary in different areas:
- The crane offload option is cheapest in Central England and Central Wales including any mainland address in AL, B, BB, BL, BR, BS, CB, CH, CM, CR, CV, CW, DA, DE, DN, DY, E, EC, EN, FY, GL, HA, HD, HG, HP, HR, HU, HX, IG, KT, L, LD, LE, LN, LS, LU, M, MK, N, NG, NN, NP, NR, NW, OL, OX, PE, PR, RG, RM, S, SE, SG, SK, SL, SM, SN, ST, SW, SY, TF, TW, UB, W, WA, WC, WD, WF, WN, WR, WS and WV postcodes
- The crane offload option is more expensive in parts of the North, the South, East Anglia, North Wales and South Wales including any mainland address in BA, BD, BH, BN, BS, CF, CO, CT, DH, DL, DT, GU, IP, LA, LL, ME, NR, PO, RH, SA, SO, SP, SR, SS, TA, TN, TS and YO postcodes.
- The crane offload option is more expensive in the Borders, Cornwall and Devon including any mainland address in CA, DG EX, NE, PL, TD, TQ and TR postcodes.
- The crane offload option is more expensive in Central Scotland including any mainland address in EH, G, KA, KY and ML postcodes.
- The crane offload option is currently not available in Northern Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Scottish Islands, the Isle of Wight, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
- All prices include VAT.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.