Platform Play Centre 326 - 4ft High Platform, Slide, 2 Swings
This premium quality platform play centre is 13'11"x18'6" (4.25x5.65m) and accommodates up to 9 children. It features a 4'x4' playhouse on a 4'x8' platform. The platform is approximately 4' high (1.2m) with a ladder and strong safety rails. A 2.2m long slide and 2 swings are also included. The playhouse design features window shutters and an attractive boarded roof. The platform features ex 3"x3" (70x70mm) posts with strong framing. The floor and vertical safety rails are substantial 3/4" (18mm) thick boards. Handle grips and a driving wheel are also included. Detailed instructions are supplied for DIY self assembly.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 23rd January.
- These play centres conform to European health, environmental and safety regulations for domestic use including CE Safety Certification and compliance with EN71 and BS5665.
- Maximum 9 children at the same time
- Maximum weight 50kg per child
- Immersion treatment in brown preservative included as standard
- Smooth planed timber with rounded edges throughout for enhanced safety
- Foolproof door and shutter safety closing ensures that little fingers cannot be trapped
- Platform 4' high (1.2m) with substantial posts, framing, boards and safety rails - see detailed specifications below
- Playhouse with tongued and grooved roof - see detailed specifications below
- Double swing - see detailed specification below
- 2.2m long slide in rigid self supporting injection moulded HDPE
- Slide is easily converted into a water feature with a standard garden hose
- Moulded handle grips with galvanized fixings and plastic covers
- Moulded driving wheel, which rotates freely
- Plastic cover caps for main fixings
- Base anchors included, pre-drilled galvanized steel corner pegs, supplied complete with fixings
- Recommended clearance around the structure 6'7" (2000mm)
- Overall width including swing and ladder 13'11" (4250mm)
- Overall depth including slide 18'6" (5650mm)
- Overall height 9'4" (2850mm)
- Overall weight 351kg
- Engineered timber supplied as individual components, not prefabricated panels
- All components are cut to size. No cutting is required during assembly.
- All critical holes, for example in the framing, are pre-drilled in the factory for safety and convenience
- Boards are not pre-drilled - boards can be fitted without drilling holes using a powered screwdriver.
- Screwdriver bits and drill bits included
- Maximum 7 children at the same time including 2 in the playhouse
- Substantial ladder with tubular steel rungs powder coated in different colours
- Decorative safety rails with substantial handrails
- Ex 3"x3" vertical support posts (finished size 70mm x 70mm)
- Ex 2.5"x1.5" floor joists (finished size 58mm x 32mm)
- Ex 2.5"x1.5" hand rails (finished size 58mm x 32mm)
- Ex 2.5"x1.5" horizontal framing (finished size 58mm x 32mm)
- Ex 2.5"x1.5" ladder uprights (finished size 58mm x 32mm)
- Ex 5"x1" horizontal braces and cover trims (finished size 120mm x 18mm)
- Ex 5"x1" vertical safety rails (finished size 120mm x 18mm)
- Ex 5"x1" floor boards (finished size 120mm x 18mm)
- 74 timber components (18 floor boards, 17 vertical safety rails, 39 framing members and trims)
- 363 fixings
- Width 3'11" (1200mm)
- Length including slide 14'5" (4400mm)
- Length excluding slide 7'11" (2400mm)
- Platform height 4'1" (1250mm)
- Overall height including balustrades 6'1" (1850mm)
- Maximum 2 children at the same time
- Ex 4"x3/4" overlapped wall cladding (finished size 90mm x 16mm)
- Ex 4"x3/4" tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size 90mm x 16mm)
- Ex 4"x1.5" corner posts (finished size 90mm x 35mm)
- Ex 2.5"x1.5" vertical framing (finished size 58mm x 32mm)
- Ex 2.5"x1.5" horizontal framing (finished size 58mm x 32mm)
- Ex 2.5"x1.5" roof purlins (finished size 58mm x 32mm)
- Prefabricated plywood door 1'10"x3'5" (550mm x 1050mm)
- Prefabricated plywood shutters
- Window opening approximately 12"x12" (300mm x 300mm)
- Prefabricated triangular gable panels
- 167 timber components (22 roof boards, 81 wall cladding boards, 51 framing members, 13 trims)
- 555 fixings
- External width of walls 3'11" (1200mm)
- External length of walls 3'11" (1200mm)
- External width of roof 5'4" (1630mm)
- External length of roof 4'6" (1370mm)
- External ridge height excluding platform 5'7" (1700mm)
- External eaves height excluding platform 4'1" (1250mm)
- Internal ridge height excluding platform 5'3" (1600mm)
- Internal eaves height excluding platform 3'11" (1200mm)
- Maximum 2 children at the same time
- Ex 4"x4" main beam (finished size 90mm x 90mm)
- Ex 3"x3" main framing (finished size 70mm x 70mm)
- Ex 5"x1" braces (finished size 120mm x 18mm)
- Main beam fixed with powder coated welded steel brackets
- Moulded standard swing seat with ropes and galvanized steel fittings
- Moulded trapeze swing with ropes and galvanized steel fittings
- 5 timber components
- 54 fixings
- External width 9' (2750mm)
- External depth 8'4" (2550mm)
- External height 7'3" (2200mm)
ENGINEERED TIMBER - THE BENEFITS This premium play equipment is offered at a fraction of the cost of comparable fully installed systems. The high quality kit is a modern engineered timber product, which has more in common with a precision engineered metal kit than a conventional timber garden building. The manufacturing is more sophisticated and precise with better quality components. Precisely machined and pre-drilled where required, the individual components are neatly packed for efficient delivery with no large, cumbersome and fragile prefabricated panels.
The result is a superb building but it will take longer to assemble than a traditional garden building. A powered screwdriver is recommended. Detailed step by step instructions show where every component and every fixing is used. All components are precisely cut to size. All critical holes are pre-drilled in the factory for safety and convenience. For a DIY enthiusistic fitting is a simple and straightforward project with no significant challenges. If you take your time and follow the instructions carefully the finished structure will be universally admired.
SAFETY FIRST: This wooden play centre is as safe as practically possible and strong enough to withstand normal play. Screws and nails are recessed into the wood with no points or sharp edges protruding. The platform is strong enough to support the weight of several children. The ladder width and rung spacing ensures safe and comfortable use. The safety balustrade is strong enough to withstand children falling against it with gaps narrow enough to prevent a child falling through. The preservative used complies with BS5665/EN71 part 3. This play centre is for domestic use and suitable for children aged 3 to 10 years and weighing less than 50kg. It is not suitable for children under 3 years old due to possible health and safety hazards. Adult supervision is required at all times.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes listed alongside the price are the overall external play centre dimensions including all features such as slides and ladders. The dimensions are measured as a rectangle across the widest points. A safe area should be allowed around the play centre, especially in front of ladders and slides and on both sides of swings and climbing frames.
- Built in picnic bench with 2 benches and a table, fitted below the platform, fixed into the main support posts.
- Sandpit lid with built in benches. The 2 double hinged sandpit covers unfold to form 2 benches when opened.
- Toy storage chest, fits along one side of the platform, fixed into the main support posts.
- Alternative swings instead of the standard swings supplied, including an additional flat red swing seat, a circular disc seat and a choice of baby and toddler seats.
- Binoculars, which rotate in all directions. Made from high impact rubber modified styrene, this product does not magnify.
- Telescope, which rotates in all directions. Made from high impact rubber modified styrene, this product does not magnify.
- A selection of microporous wood preservatives in a wide choice of colours
MICROPOROUS PRESERVATIVE - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our quality microporous preservatives are impervious to water but not to water vapour. This allows the wood to breathe. All of these preservatives are safe for use with children and pets and comply with BS5665/EN71 part 3. You can order up to 3 separate colours if required. At least two coats are normally required with a further coat at periodic intervals.
Our 3 star preservative is practical and affordable with a choice of 4 colours. It covers around 10 square metres per litre and normally lasts 1-2 years before a further coat is required.
Our 4 star preservative is a high quality preservative which covers around 9 square metres per litre and normally lasts 2-5 years before a further coat is requred. It is available with a choice of 12 colours.
Our 5 star preservative is a deluxe high build preservative which can be used to achieve a stunning finish. Each extra coat increases the colour and sheen. It covers around 8 square metres per litre and normally lasts 2-5 years before a further coat is required. It is available with a choice of 12 colours.
Based on average coverage five litres of our 4 star preservative is enough for three coats on a 6'x8' playhouse or two coats on an 8'x10' playhouse. Coverage varies according to the smoothness of the surface and the porosity of the timber. We recommend that you order more than you need to be sure that you have easily enough. These microporous preservatives are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building or if you purchased a Summer building in the past. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow. Prices include free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
WATERPROOF CLEAR SEAL - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our hardwearing clear seal is ideal as a clear varnish for bare timber or as a waterproof top coat for painted wood and pressure treated timber. It is also ideal as a waterproof floor varnish, especially the 5 star clear seal with ultra hardwearing polyurethane. The smooth and shiny finished surface is waterproof and easy to clean. Available in a choice of acrylic or polyurethane, these colourless water based coatings are almost odourless and recommended for smooth planed timber only. One coat is normally required as a sealing top coat on painted or treated timber. A minimum of two coats are normally required on untreated wood. Up to three coats may be required for floors. An unsealed timber floor quickly shows muddy boot marks and other dirt. For best results a floor should be treated at the earliest opportunity while the timber is new and clean. On average two and a half litres of our 5 star clear seal is enough for three coats on an 8'x8' floor, two coats on the walls of a 6'x4' playhouse or one coat on the walls of an 8'x8' playhouse. We recommend that you order more than you need to ensure that you have enough. The price includes free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
- Delivery is normally between 6 and 8 weeks after order
- Our prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
- Please provide at least one DAYTIME PHONE NUMBER where the driver can contact you on the day of delivery if needed.
- If you cannot be at home to receive the goods we can deliver by appointment - please contact us for options.
- This playhouse is delivered as a very large pack. The driver can unload it quickly and easily without assistance. Often the driver can wheel the pack onto a level drive with a hard surface such as tarmac or block paving otherwise the delivery is kerbside. It is not normally possible to deliver the pack into the back garden. The pack is strapped and sealed on delivery but after the pack is opened the individual components are easy to carry.
ENGLAND AND WALES: Delivery is available to any mainland address in England or Wales but prices vary in different areas. You need to enter the first half of your postcode to see the correct prices in your local area. If you have not already done so click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
SCOTLAND: Delivery is included to all mainland addresses in DG, EH, FK, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19 and TD postcodes. To see the correct prices at any other Scottish address click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
OFFSHORE ISLANDS: Delivery is available to the Isle of Wight, the Scottish Islands, the Isle of Man, the Scilly Isles and the Channel Islands. To see the correct prices click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
NORTHERN IRELAND: Delivery is available throughout Northern Ireland. To see the correct prices click here to enter the first half of your BT postcode.
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Delivery is available throughout the Republic of Ireland. To see the correct prices please select Republic of Ireland as the country and enter the first part of your Eircode postal code e.g. A65. After that you can see all of the products available at the correct prices including delivery throughout the Republic of Ireland. To place an order just phone us 7 days a week on 01603 721590.
AM DELIVERY - BEFORE NOON: This low cost option is available at any mainland address in England and Wales. AM delivery before 12 noon is also available in Scotland to mainland address in DG, EH, FK, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19 and TD postcodes. The AM delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. If your delivery is outside the specified time the charge will be fully refunded.
SATURDAY AM DELIVERY: This low cost option is available at any mainland address in England or Wales. Saturday AM delivery before 12 noon is also available in Scotland to mainland address in DG, EH, FK, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19 and TD postcodes. The Saturday delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. To request delivery on Saturday just contact us before 12 noon on Friday.
- All prices include VAT.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.