Two Storey Playhouse 181 - With Garage
Size 8'x6'. Integral loft with balustrade, ladder and safety rail are included. Traditionally made with large rigid panels, unlike other DIY playhouses. This high quality playhouse features substantial 2" thick framing with shiplap or loglap wall cladding at tempting low prices. Other quality features include a tongued and grooved floor, a tongued and grooved roof and green mineral felt. Easy to assemble, normally within an hour or two. We offer fitting as a low cost option.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 22nd August.
- These playhouses have CE Safety Certification (conforms to European health, environmental and safety regulations). Complies with BS5665 EN71.
- All playhouses include immersion treatment in light brown preservative
- The price includes an upstairs platform with balustrade, ladder and safety rail
- Traditional construction in large rigid panels, which ensures a neater appearance, greater strength and easier assembly than other budget priced DIY playhouses
- Double hinged front doors with anti trap plastic safety strip to protect little fingers
- Single hinged side door with anti trap plastic safety strip to protect little fingers
- 2 non opening Georgian style windows
- Perspex safety glazing
- Substantial ex 2" planed deal wall framework (finished size 45mm x 28mm after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding (finished size after machining)
- Substantial ex 2" planed deal floor joists (finished size 45mm x 28mm after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- Substantial ex 2" planed deal roof purlins (finished size 45mm x 28mm after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- No chipboard, plywood, OSB or other man made boards or sheet materials
- Green mineral felted roof
- Black japanned door hinges and handles
- Magnetic safety door catches
- Single door hinges on the right when viewed from outside
- Internal eaves height at the lowest point inside 4'1" (1240mm) on the low side and 6'4" (1920mm) on the high side
- Internal ridge height at the highest point inside 8'2" (2500mm)
- Minimum base size 2.375m x 1.775m (7'10" x 5'10")
SAFETY FIRST: This wooden playhouse is as safe as practically possible and strong enough to withstand normal play. Door hinges include a gap large enough to prevent trapping a child's finger as the door closes. Doors are non locking and easily opened with little force. Screws and nails are recessed into the wood with no points or sharp edges protruding. Any glazing in doors or windows is perspex safety glazing. No decorative lead is applied to the glazing. The loft area is strong enough to support the weight of several children. The ladder width and rung spacing ensures safe and comfortable use. The safety balustrade is strong enough to withstand children falling against it with gaps narrow enough to prevent a child falling through. The preservative used complies with BS5665/EN71 part 3. This playhouse is for domestic use and suitable for children aged 3 to 10 years and weighing less than 50kg. It is not suitable for children under 3 years old due to possible health and safety hazards. Adult supervision is required at all times.
TONGUED & GROOVED FLOOR & ROOF - NO MAN MADE BOARDS: The floor and roof feature 12mm thick tongued and grooved boards with 2" thick framing. This is stronger and longer lasting than cheaper playhouses with man made boards used in the floor and roof. Man made boards are often only 7mm thick and do not last as long in damp conditions. Floors made with man made boards are normally too flimsy even for light use. The man made boards commonly used in cheaper playhouses include chipboard and OSB or oriented strand board. These are often described as a "sheet floor" or a "solid board floor" which is deliberately misleading.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the depth. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The depth refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Shiplap wall cladding - tongued and grooved boards 120mm x 12mm finished size after machining
- Loglap wall cladding - tongued and grooved boards 95mm x 15mm finished size after machining
- 18" wide window boxes to one or both windows
- Recycled plastic base kits
- A selection of microporous wood preservatives in a wide choice of colours
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Designed to spread weight and quickly clipped together, each paver is 500mm x 500mm. These durable and eco friendly plastic pavers are made from 100% recycled polypropylene. Lightweight and easy to install, the finished base will outlast any playhouse. Extensive preparation is not normally required - just level the soil and lay the pavers directly on the soil. No sand or shingle is required. Weed membranes are not needed below timber floors. Unlike paving or concrete these bases are self draining and fully relocatable. Our standard pavers support 150 tonnes per square metre. They are suitable for any normal use and they can be laid on a soil or shingle sub-base. Our heavier duty pavers support 350 tonnes per square metre. They can be laid on any flat surface including concrete. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location the pavers can be easily cut to size with no loss of structural integrity. These heavy duty pavers are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
MICROPOROUS PRESERVATIVE - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our quality microporous preservatives are impervious to water but not to water vapour. This allows the wood to breathe. All of these preservatives are safe for use with children and pets and comply with BS5665/EN71 part 3. You can order up to 3 separate colours if required. At least two coats are normally required with a further coat at periodic intervals.
Our 3 star preservative is practical and affordable with a choice of 4 colours. It covers around 10 square metres per litre and normally lasts 1-2 years before a further coat is required.
Our 4 star preservative is a high quality preservative which covers around 9 square metres per litre and normally lasts 2-5 years before a further coat is requred. It is available with a choice of 12 colours.
Our 5 star preservative is a deluxe high build preservative which can be used to achieve a stunning finish. Each extra coat increases the colour and sheen. It covers around 8 square metres per litre and normally lasts 2-5 years before a further coat is required. It is available with a choice of 12 colours.
Based on average coverage five litres of our 4 star preservative is enough for three coats on a 6'x8' playhouse or two coats on an 8'x10' playhouse. Coverage varies according to the smoothness of the surface and the porosity of the timber. We recommend that you order more than you need to be sure that you have easily enough. These microporous preservatives are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building or if you purchased a Summer building in the past. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow. Prices include free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
WATERPROOF CLEAR SEAL - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our hardwearing clear seal is ideal as a clear varnish for bare timber or as a waterproof top coat for painted wood and pressure treated timber. It is also ideal as a waterproof floor varnish, especially the 5 star clear seal with ultra hardwearing polyurethane. The smooth and shiny finished surface is waterproof and easy to clean. Available in a choice of acrylic or polyurethane, these colourless water based coatings are almost odourless and recommended for smooth planed timber only. One coat is normally required as a sealing top coat on painted or treated timber. A minimum of two coats are normally required on untreated wood. Up to three coats may be required for floors. An unsealed timber floor quickly shows muddy boot marks and other dirt. For best results a floor should be treated at the earliest opportunity while the timber is new and clean. On average two and a half litres of our 5 star clear seal is enough for three coats on an 8'x8' floor, two coats on the walls of a 6'x4' playhouse or one coat on the walls of an 8'x8' playhouse. We recommend that you order more than you need to ensure that you have enough. The price includes free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
- Delivery is normally between 2 and 4 weeks after order.
- Delivery may be up to a week longer in remote areas e.g. North Wales
- Our playhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process
- Advance notice by phone a day or two before with a 2 hour time slot
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These playhouses are normally delivered by specialist trained staff in dedicated vehicles. This ensures less damage. Most cheaper playhouses are delivered by national carriers who cause more damage. Their prices are based on weight and panel sizes. As a result, playhouses delivered by outside carriers are made in small and flimsy lightweight sections with less wood. The benefits of our specialist delivery service include less damage, larger more rigid panels and heavier construction. Delivery is normally kerbside only.
TWO HOUR TIME SLOT: The delivery service for these playhouses is especially efficient and reliable when compared with other garden buildings. You will be contacted by phone, normally two days in advance, with a 2 hour time slot for the delivery of your playhouse.
- All playhouse prices include VAT.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.
- Installation by specialist trained staff is available as an option in most postcode areas.
- If installation is available in your local area the prices are displayed alongside the playhouse prices.
OPTIONAL INSTALLATION: If your order includes installation your playhouse will be delivered first. The fitters follow within no more than a few days by prior appointment with you. These playhouses are designed to be professionally installed so more care is taken in the factory to simplify installation and minimize problems on site. For example, the doors are factory fitted complete with locks and handles. As a result these playhouses are easier to fit and longer lasting.
SIMPLE DIY ASSEMBLY: Because these buildings are designed to be professionally installed they are also easier to fit yourself. Features of these playhouses include careful construction with high quality components, larger panel sizes and fewer problems.
BEAT THE PRICE INCREASE!
- Prices increase after Wednesday 22nd August so ORDER NOW to avoid disappointment!