Platform Playhouse 213 - With Balustrades and Ladder
This budget priced platform playhouse features a 5'x4' playhouse on a 5'x7' platform. The platform is approximately 3' (0.9m) high and includes a ladder and decorative safety rails. The playhouse features include three Georgian style windows with safety glazing and a decorative floral pattern door feature. Other features include shiplap tongued and grooved wall cladding and mineral felted roof. Instructions are supplied for DIY self assembly.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 12th December.
- These playhouses conform to European health, environmental and safety regulations including CE Safety Certification and compliance with EN71 and BS5665.
- Immersion treatment in brown preservative included as standard
- Platform with substantial posts and framing
- Substantial ladder, can be fitted to either side
- Decorative safety rails
- Single hinged door with piano style continuous safety hinge
- Decorative floral pattern door glazing feature
- Georgian style glazing
- 1 non opening window in the front wall
- 1 non opening window in each side wall
- Perspex safety glazing
- 12mm deal shiplap wall cladding (finished size after machining)
- Planed deal framework 28mm x 28mm (finished size)
- OSB floor and roof boards (oriented strand board)
- Mineral felted roof
- 10" front roof projection
- Playhouse size 4'11"x4'1" (1500mm x 1245mm)
- Platform size 4'11"x6'7" (1500mm x 2000mm)
- Approximate width including ladder 7'8" (2330mm)
- Platform height 3'2" (970mm)
- Ridge height 8'2" (2500mm)
- This playhouse is easy to deliver if access is restricted - all sections are designed to pass through a normal single door.
- Largest panel size 5'0"x4'11" (1530mm x 1500mm)
SAFETY FIRST: This wooden playhouse is as safe as practically possible and strong enough to withstand normal play. Door hinges include a gap large enough to prevent trapping a child's finger as the door closes. Doors are non locking and easily opened with little force. Screws and nails are recessed into the wood with no points or sharp edges protruding. Any glazing in doors or windows is perspex safety glazing. No decorative lead is applied to the glazing. The platform is strong enough to support the weight of several children. The ladder width and rung spacing ensures safe and comfortable use. Any safety balustrades are strong enough to withstand children falling against them with gaps narrow enough to prevent a child falling through. The preservative used complies with BS5665/EN71 part 3. This playhouse is for domestic use and suitable for children aged 3 to 10 years and weighing less than 50kg. It is not suitable for children under 3 years old due to possible health and safety hazards. Adult supervision is required at all times.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The external platform sizes are listed alongside the price. The playhouse size is smaller. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The length refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are external wall sizes. These sizes do not including the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- The ladder can be positioned to either side of the wooden platform. This can be decided on site and does not need to be specified when the playhouse is ordered
- A selection of microporous wood preservatives in a wide choice of colours
MICROPOROUS PRESERVATIVE - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our quality microporous preservatives are impervious to water but not to water vapour. This allows the wood to breathe. All of these preservatives are safe for use with children and pets and comply with BS5665/EN71 part 3. You can order up to 3 separate colours if required. At least two coats are normally required with a further coat at periodic intervals.
Our 3 star preservative is practical and affordable with a choice of 4 colours. It covers around 10 square metres per litre and normally lasts 1-2 years before a further coat is required.
Our 4 star preservative is a high quality preservative which covers around 9 square metres per litre and normally lasts 2-5 years before a further coat is requred. It is available with a choice of 12 colours.
Our 5 star preservative is a deluxe high build preservative which can be used to achieve a stunning finish. Each extra coat increases the colour and sheen. It covers around 8 square metres per litre and normally lasts 2-5 years before a further coat is required. It is available with a choice of 12 colours.
Based on average coverage five litres of our 4 star preservative is enough for three coats on a 6'x8' playhouse or two coats on an 8'x10' playhouse. Coverage varies according to the smoothness of the surface and the porosity of the timber. We recommend that you order more than you need to be sure that you have easily enough. These microporous preservatives are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building or if you purchased a Summer building in the past. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow. Prices include free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
WATERPROOF CLEAR SEAL - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our hardwearing clear seal is ideal as a clear varnish for bare timber or as a waterproof top coat for painted wood and pressure treated timber. It is also ideal as a waterproof floor varnish, especially the 5 star clear seal with ultra hardwearing polyurethane. The smooth and shiny finished surface is waterproof and easy to clean. Available in a choice of acrylic or polyurethane, these colourless water based coatings are almost odourless and recommended for smooth planed timber only. One coat is normally required as a sealing top coat on painted or treated timber. A minimum of two coats are normally required on untreated wood. Up to three coats may be required for floors. An unsealed timber floor quickly shows muddy boot marks and other dirt. For best results a floor should be treated at the earliest opportunity while the timber is new and clean. On average two and a half litres of our 5 star clear seal is enough for three coats on an 8'x8' floor, two coats on the walls of a 6'x4' playhouse or one coat on the walls of an 8'x8' playhouse. We recommend that you order more than you need to ensure that you have enough. The price includes free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
- Delivery is normally between 2 and 7 days after order
- Our playhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
- Kerbside delivery with advance notice by phone a day or two before.
- Prices for this playhouse vary in different areas. To see the correct price in your local area click here to enter the first half of your postcode.
ENGLAND, WALES & SCOTLAND: Delivery is available to any mainland address in England, Scotland and Wales.
OFFSHORE ISLANDS: Delivery is available to the Isle of Wight. Delivery is not available to the Isle of Man or any Scottish Islands.
NORTHERN IRELAND: Delivery is available throughout Northern Ireland. To see the correct prices please enter your BT postcode.
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Delivery is available throughout the Republic of Ireland. To see the correct prices please enter the fictitious postcode EIRE. After that you can see all of the products available at the correct prices including delivery throughout the Republic of Ireland. To place an order just phone us 7 days a week on 01603 721590.
- All playhouse prices include VAT.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.