Click this messge to hide it.
- All timber used in the construction of this product originates from sustainable forests
- FSC Mix Credit, FSC certified product, certificate code INT-COC-003944, licence number FSC-C109654
- To verify our FSC membership visit the FSC Member Search and search for Summer Garden (full name "Summer Garden and Leisure Buildings Ltd")
- These playhouses conform to European health, environmental and safety regulations including CE Safety Certification and compliance with BS5665 EN71
- Scandinavian redwood or whitewood
- Immersion treatment in light brown preservative is included as standard. Further treatment is recommended soon after installation.
- Single hinged Georgian style door with piano style continuous safety hinge
- 2 fully opening Georgian style morticed and tenoned joinery windows
- Perspex safety glazing with mitred glazing beads
- 35mm x 35mm planed deal framework throughout (finished sizes after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 8mm OSB roof boards (oriented strand board)
- Neatly profiled fascias
- Green mineral felted roof
- Door 1'8" wide x 3'4" high (510mm x 1005mm)
- 24" deep front canopy
- Eaves height 3'9" (1135mm)
- Ridge height 5'3" (1600mm)
- Optional platform adds 3'2" to the height (970mm)
- Overall size including front canopy 5'11" x 6' (1810mm x 1830mm)
SAFETY FIRST: This wooden playhouse is as safe as practically possible and strong enough to withstand normal play. Door hinges include a gap large enough to prevent trapping a child's finger as the door closes. Doors are non locking and easily opened with little force. Screws and nails are recessed into the wood with no points or sharp edges protruding. Any glazing in doors or windows is perspex safety glazing. No decorative lead is applied to the glazing. The platform is strong enough to support the weight of several children. The ladder width and rung spacing ensures safe and comfortable use. Any safety balustrades are strong enough to withstand children falling against them with gaps narrow enough to prevent a child falling through. The preservative used complies with BS5665/EN71 part 3. This playhouse is for domestic use and suitable for children aged 3 to 10 years and weighing less than 50kg. It is not suitable for children under 3 years old due to possible health and safety hazards. Adult supervision is required at all times.
SCANDINAVIAN REDWOOD OR WHITEWOOD: The most widely used timber in the UK for years, Scandinavian Redwood and Whitewood grow in the well managed forests of Scandinavia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than faster growing trees from warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a close grain pattern. The wood is seasoned and kiln dried to achieve the correct moisture content before it is machined. Redwood and Whitewood are so similar in appearance and performance that it is difficult to tell the difference. Both are classified as slightly durable and treatment is required for outside use. The forests of Scandinavia and Northern Europe have been responsibly managed on a sustainable basis for centuries so Scandinavian Redwood or Whitewood is an enviromentally friendly choice.
FSC® CERTIFIED TIMBER: This product is FSC certified. Our FSC licence number is FSC-C109654. Our FSC chain of custody certificate code is INT-COC-003944. To verify our membership visit FSC Member Search and search for Summer Garden (full name "Summer Garden and Leisure Buildings Ltd"). Please note if you want a genuine FSC certified product it must include a valid FSC claim, which must include a valid licence number and/or certificate code from a genuine FSC member. It must also be described as FSC 100% or FSC Mix Credit or FSC Mix 70%. Claims that "we use FSC timber" or "our suppliers are FSC certified" are dishonest, because the FSC certifies products and not suppliers. If the claim is invalid the timber is not FSC certified.
ABOUT THE FSC®: The FSC or Forest Stewardship Council is a non profit organization which promotes responsible forest management throughout the world. Since 1994 the FSC has certified over 190 million acres of forest in over 80 countries. The FSC confirms that the forest is being managed in a way that preserves the natural ecosystem and benefits the lives of local people and workers but also sustains economic viablility. FSC certification ensures that forests are responsibly managed by protecting plant and animal species, the rights of indigenous people and the safety of forest workers. FSC chain of custody certification verifies that FSC-certified material has been identified and separated from non-certified and non-controlled material at every step throughout the supply chain.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. These sizes do not include the optional wooden platform, which is larger than the playhouse. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The length refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are external wall sizes. These sizes do not including the roof overhang. Other suppliers often quote the overall roof sizes which are much larger.