Click this messge to hide it.
- Decorative roof design with 2 roof valleys and T shape ridge
- Traditional appearance with steep Victorian style 45 degrees roof pitch
- 4mm toughened glass to BS6206 Class A as standard
- Substantial aluminium frame with a 10 year guarantee
- Box section aluminium ridge and glazing bars
- Neat glazing with external capping (no wire clips)
- Full height glass where practical with no unsightly glass overlaps
- Integral gutter and downpipe to each side
- Low threshold doorway for easy access
- Half boarded single hinged door with key lock
- Inward opening door
- Decorative powder coated aluminium spandrels at the ridge and eaves
- Roof vents are fitted as standard with automatic openers which react to heat to ensure that in hot weather the window ventilates in your absence
- 2 free roof vents and 2 low level louvre vents included with 9'7"x8'8" greenhouse
- 5 free roof vents and 2 low level louvre vents included with 9'7"x12'8" greenhouse
- 5 free roof vents and 4 low level louvre vents included with 9'7"x16'9" greenhouse
- 7 free roof vents and 4 low level louvre vents included with 9'7"x20'10" greenhouse
- 8 free roof vents and 5 low level louvre vents included with 9'7"x24'11" greenhouse
- Eaves height 5'6" (1692mm)
- Ridge height (front entrance porch) 9'0" (2736mm)
- Ridge height (greenhouse) 10'1" (3078mm)
- Overall depth of side wall including porch 9'7" (2935mm)
- Depth of side wall excluding porch 8'7" (2606mm)
- Width of front entrance porch 6'6" wide (1972mm)
- Door height 6'6" (1979mm)
- Door width 2'8" (818mm)
- Dwarf wall height 525mm (approximately 1'9")
THIS PREMIUM QUALITY GREENHOUSE: These high quality premium greenhouses are not only stronger than basic greenhouses but also taller and more comfortable with easy access and ample ventilation. This quality greenhouse includes toughened safety glass throughout, large pane glazing, extra eaves height and lockable doors with low thresholds for easy access. The box section aluminium frame provides additional strength and rigidity. Other standard features include free gutters with downpipes and stop ends and PVC bar capping to provide an attractive finish. The sophisticated design features concealed fixings and weatherproof doors and roof vents. Options include ornate ridge crests and attractive built in aluminium staging and shelving.
DWARF WALLS: Dwarf walls can be built in your choice of brick or stone. You can choose engineering bricks for durability or you may be able to closely match the walls of your existing property. Dwarf walls offer maximum heat retention in the winter and are ideal for growing shade-loving plants such as ferns. Our prices do not include the dwarf walls. The greenhouse frames are prefabricated so the frame sizes cannot be adjusted to fit the dwarf walls. Instead the dwarf walls must be built to precisely the right size. Bricks are ideal but irregular natural stone may require carefully cropping.
POWDER COATED ALUMINIUM: The powder coated finish is more attractive than the stark silver finish aluminium greenhouses. The tough finish also has excellent weathering properties and retains its gloss and colour superbly. A good example of powder coating is the finish on your washing machine. Powder coated aluminium greenhouses have a similar finish.
TOUGHENED GLASS: Toughened glass is the best glazing material for use in greenhouses. It is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break and when it does break toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly. Toughened glass also strengthens the frame and it is heavy which helps to resist wind. Although size limits apply, toughened glass panes are longer than horticultural glass, with no overlapping glass and fewer joins. Where required, joins are neat in-line H-profile joins. All glass supplied is 4mm thick toughened safety glass to BS6206 Class A.
BAR CAPPING: Traditionally greenhouse glass is secured in aluminium greenhouses using stainless steel or galvanised glazing clips. Bar capping is an effective alternative which is at least as strong as clips but neater and easier to clean. The standard glazing clips are replaced with full length strips which hold the glass along its entire length. Bar capping cannot be fitted in a greenhouse with overlapping glass. This quality feature is only available with large pane glazing. Bar capping is coloured to match the greenhouse frames.
GREENHOUSE LOCATION: Ideally your greenhouse should have a clear space at least 18" wide on all sides, if possible. This ensures easy access for both installation and future maintenance. In reality this is often not practical and at many sites it is not needed. A reduced clearance is often possible on one or two sides. You should cut back or remove any nearby shrubs and trees. Remember to allow for future growth. Ideally the ridge of a greenhouse should run from east to west. The best position for a freestanding greenhouse is a sunny spot outside the shadow of nearby buildings and trees. A sheltered position is best otherwise additional screening may be advisable. Plants need plenty of water so your greenhouse should be close to a water supply and the site should be well drained.
BASE AND DWARF WALL PLAN: Soon after the order date we will forward plans of the base and dwarf walls with all necessary dimensions such as door opening widths and diagonal dimensions.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the depth and the second dimension is the width. The depth refers to the overall depth including the front projection. The width refers to the front and rear walls including the door wall. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes.