Click this messge to hide it.
- All timber used in the construction of this log cabin originates from sustainable forests
- 8' deep gazebos include an 8' deep x 6' wide summerhouse (2.4x1.8m)
- 10' deep gazebos include a 10' deep x 6' wide summerhouse (3.0x1.8m)
- 28mm or 45mm thick tongued and grooved wall logs (finished size after machining)
- Eaves height partition to create an integral summerhouse area
- Canopy includes a plain fully boarded rear wall as standard
- Canopy includes a 3'11" or 1200mm long plain half boarded side wall (2.4m deep gazebos)
- Canopy includes a 4'11" or 1500mm long plain half boarded side wall (3.0m deep gazebos)
- Summerhouses with 28mm thick wall logs feature pressure treated ex 3"x2" foundation beams (finished size 45mm x70mm)
- Summerhouses with 45mm thick wall logs feature pressure treated ex 3"x3" foundation beams (finished size 70mm x70mm)
- Substantial tongued and grooved timber floor boards in the summerhouse
- Unique patented wall jointing system with aluminium connectors concealed by timber cover trims
- Easy assembly of the wall logs with no nails or screws, which also allows for timber movement
- As with most log cabins, the roof is supplied unassembled with the rafters and roof boards cut to the correct sizes and angles
- Strong 19mm thick tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Strong 120mm x 120mm post with angled braces
- Mineral felt tiles in a choice of colours
- Powder coated metal ridge cover with a decorative chrome finial ball
- These gazebos are untreated as standard - the pictures show the optional preservative treatments available
- Doors and window glazed with glass (no plastic, acrylic, styrene or perspex)
- Premium double glazed doors and windows with 24mm thick argon filled double glazing units, 16mm air gaps, a 1.1 U value and fitted with rubber weatherstrips to reduce draughts
- Panoramic low level annealed glazing
- Modern large pane glazing style
- Doors and windows are joinery made with fully profiled timbers and morticed and tenoned joints throughout
- Double hinged doors, fully glazed with high security mortice lock and lever handles in a chrome or brass finish
- Durable aluminium door threshold
- Door width 3'3" (1000mm)
- Door height 5'11" (1800mm)
- 1 double opening side window with 2 outward opening side hinged sashes
- Window width 3'3" (1000mm)
- Window height 3'9" (1140mm)
- Eaves height 7'7" or 2300mm
- Ridge height 9'10" or 3000mm (2.4m wide gazebos)
- Ridge height 10'4" or 3150mm (3.0m wide gazebos)
- External roof overhang 12" to all sides (300mm)
UNIQUE LOG CORNER ASSEMBLY: This quality garden room features a unique corner assembly system, which is both attractive and strong and combines the benefits of a log cabin with a conventional summerhouse. Each wall log slots into full length aluminium connector poles. The first log is laid at the bottom and the rest slot into each other, working upwards one log at a time. The aluminium is not visible inside and concealed outside by timber cover trims. The logs and the aluminium connectors are precision milled to ensure a neat fit. No screws or nails are required which makes installation easier and also allows for timber movement. The finished corner assembly is strong, weatherproof and draughtproof.
NORDIC SPRUCE: This building is manufactured from 100% Nordic Spruce, the best quality timber used in log cabin construction. Nordic Spruce is grown primarily in the well managed forests of Scandinavia, Siberia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than trees grown in warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a dense grain pattern. These forests are expertly managed on a sustainable basis so Nordic Spruce is an enviromentally friendly choice.
DOUBLE GLAZING: Our double glazed doors and windows ensure that your log cabin is warmer and cheaper to heat. We recommend double glazing if you want to use your cabin all year round. Double glazing also provides additional sound insulation. If you expect to use your cabin frequently and often for prolonged periods we also recommend floor and roof insulation. Insulation ensures a more comfortable environment on the hottest days in the summer and the coldest days in winter.
HEAVY DUTY TONGUED AND GROOVED FLOOR: The timber floor kit features tongued and grooved floor boards and substantial floor joists. Skirting boards are also included to ensure a neat internal finish. The floor joists and tongued and grooved boards are supplied loose for fast assembly on site. Unlike many log cabin floor kits all timber is cut to size which saves time during installation. It also ensures that there are no visible joins in the finished floor. The floor is assembled quickly with no visible joints. With some cheaper cabins only the joists are cut to size and the boards must be cut in on site. This takes much longer and many of the joins are visible afterwards.
PRESSURE TREATED FOUNDATION BEAMS: Substantial foundation beams are laid on the base to support the walls. This ensures that the wall logs are not in contact with the ground. The foundation beams are pressure treated for durability. Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently fixed in the wood. Tanalith E is the most popular preservative used so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. With the foundation beams this log cabin can be built without a floor if required.
JOINERY DOORS & WINDOWS: These log cabins feature joinery made door leaves and window sashes with morticed and tenoned joints throughout. This traditional jointing process is commonly used in the housebuilding industry when timber windows and doors are specified. A rebate or mortice is cut out in one piece of wood which precisely matches a tongue or tenon cut in the other piece of wood. Morticed and tenoned joints are the strongest type of joint used in the construction of wooden windows and doors. High quality handles, locks and hinges are also included.
HIGH PERFORMANCE DOORS AND WINDOWS WITH WEATHERSTRIPS: Our high performance premium window and door frames feature weatherstrips to reduce draughts. Weatherstrips are rubber gaskets which are fitted to the door and window frames. The weatherstrips are fitted in the rebates between the fixed outer frames and the hinged parts i.e. the window sashes and door leaves. As the doors and windows are closed the weatherstrips are compressed to form a seal. Heat loss is significantly lower through windows and doors which are fitted with weatherstrips.
DECORATIVE FELT TILES: Mineral coated bitumen felt tiles are an attractive and durable roofing material which is far more hardwearing than standard roofing felt. Traditionally used for small buildings only in the UK, felt tiles are used much more in Scandinavia and North America where they are used widely in general housebuilding. The sophisticated design features a strip of almost dry bitumen adhesive. Over time each tile sticks to the tile below for improved waterproofing and windproofing. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture. Mineral felt tiles are made using asphalt with a bitumen binder and an external covering of durable and attractive natural stone chips. Mineral felt tiles are often described as felt shingles because the design resembles traditional cedar shingles.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the depth and the second dimension is the width. The depth refers to the sides. The width refers to the fully boarded rear wall. All sizes quoted are the external gazebo sizes and do not include any roof overhang, unless stated otherwise. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.