Wooden Gazebo 186 - Log Cabin, Hot Tub Cover
This premium quality log cabin is 13'x13' with 40mm thick wall logs. Roof options include untearable roofing felt, felt tiles and genuine cedar shingles. This heavy duty gazebo is suitable as a spa or hot tub cover, a spacious outdoor kitchen or as a shady retreat. Features include a large door opening in the front wall and large window openings in the other side walls. The roof is attractive and durable tongued and grooved boards. Detailed instructions are supplied for easy DIY self assembly. We offer fitting as a low cost option in many areas.
LIMITED STOCK - SELLING FAST!
- In stock now: last few
- Click here to see our full list of stock cabins with next day delivery
- All timber used in the construction of these log cabins originates from sustainable forests
- Interlocking 40mm thick tongued and grooved wall logs
- All logs double grooved for superior draughtproofing
- Strong 18mm thick tongued and grooved roof boards
- Pressure treated 28mm x 55mm foundation beams (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Chamferred top wall logs
- Attractive and functional metal ridge cover in black powder coated steel with a brass ball
- Timber storm bars
- External cabin size 4.0m wide x 4.0m long (13'1" x 13'1")
- Approximate roof size 5.10m wide x 5.10m long (16'9" x 16'9")
- Internal cabin size 3.72m wide x 3.72m long (12'2" x 12'2")
- Minimum base size 3.8m wide x 3.8m long (12'6" x 12'6")
- Ridge height 2.88m (9'5")
- Eaves height 2.28m (7'6")
A HOT TUB COVER OR A HEAVY DUTY GAZEBO: This log cabin can be used to cover or enclose a hot tub or spa. Smaller hot tubs will pass through the door opening. Larger hot tubs are positioned before the cabin is installed. There is enough space inside to comfortably accommodate even a large hot tub. This versatile cabin is also popular as a garden gazebo which can be used as a shady retreat in the summer or as a store for garden furniture and toys in winter.
NORDIC SPRUCE: This log cabin is manufactured from 100% Nordic Spruce, the best quality timber used in log cabin construction. Nordic Spruce is grown primarily in the well managed forests of Scandinavia, Siberia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than trees grown in warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a dense grain pattern. These forests are expertly managed on a sustainable basis so Nordic Spruce is an enviromentally friendly choice.
NATURAL WOOD: First, high grade timber is dried in kilns until it reaches the optimum moisture content, then it is planed smooth and machined into tongued and grooved logs and boards. Next the logs are precisely machined at the ends to ensure a precise fit. Finally, each cabin is carefully packed and wrapped. When you unwrap it the wood is untreated. We recommend treating it only after the cabin has been successfully installed and ideally within a week or two. Treating the logs before fitting may cause the wood to swell up and the logs may not fit together correctly. If you are fitting your cabin in a restricted space where future access will be difficult you can stain the logs during installation by reaching down a few logs at a time as you fit them.
FULLY INTERLOCKING LOG CORNERS: These traditionally made log cabins feature interlocking corner logs. Each wall log is precisely machined and notched out to ensure a strong and weatherproof joint. The first log is laid at the bottom and the rest slot into each other, working upwards one log at a time. No screws or nails are required which makes installation easier and also allows for timber movement. The finished corner assembly is not only immensely strong but also weatherproof and draughtproof. If possible cabins with interlocking logs should be treated after assembly. Treating the logs on site before fitting requires considerable care. If swollen the precision milled joints may not slot together.
WEATHERPROOF DOUBLE GROOVED LOGS: Thinner wall logs feature a single tongue and groove but thicker logs feature a double tongue and groove. The double tongue and groove provides a stronger and more weatherproof joint.
CHAMFERRED TOP WALL LOGS: This high specification apex roof log cabin features a subtle quality feature. The top log in each side wall is chamferred to the same angle as the roof slope. This little detail provides much improved insulation and draughtproofing. It also provides a much neater internal appearance and the roof boards are easier to fix. This simple design feature eliminates an obvious cold spot. The benefits of this feature are magnified if roof insulation is specified.
WEATHERPROOF METAL RIDGE COVER: This log cabin features a one-piece prefabricated metal ridge cover which fits over the highest part of the roof. With an attractive and durable powder coated finish the ridge cover provides a neat finish but it also makes the finished roof more weatherproof. Installation is also quicker and easier.
STORM BARS: Storm bars are an important quality feature. One obvious benefit is that storm bars help to protect your log cabin from wind damage. In addition, by clamping the logs together storm bars make the joints more weatherproof and reduce any bowing or twisting of the logs. The storm bars are easily fitted at each corner to hold the individual logs together tight. This counters the impact of strong winds. This feature is especially useful if the cabin has a large roof overhang which is exposed to the wind. Many log cabins do not include any storm bars. These timber storm bars feature elongated fixing holes to allow for timber movement. The bolts are easily accessible after installation so they can be tightened or loosened as required to allow for any timber movement.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The length refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Crane offload is included as standard in mainland England, Wales and southern Scotland. If your cabin size is in stock other delivery options include next day delivery or delivery at a specific time and day of your choice but these options require you to provide two fit and strong people to unload by hand.
- In northern Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and offshore islands crane offload is not available. If your cabin size is in stock express delivery is included within 3 to 5 days or you can delay the delivery until you are ready.
- A choice of roof coverings, insulation and base kits at exceptionally low prices and all supplied with fixings and detailed instructions
- Untearable roofing felt
- Decorative mineral felt tiles
- Cedar shingle roof with genuine individual cedar tiles traditionally made using only the finest Western Red Cedar
- A selection of microporous wood preservatives in a wide choice of colours
- Natural wood oil preservative in a choice of colours
QUALITY ACCESSORIES AT LOWER PRICES: Since we were established in 1981 we have developed a unique expertise which is reflected in our superb range of great value accessories. We offer a wide choice of durable roof coverings, high performance floor and roof insulation and heavy duty relocatable base kits. Each kit includes suitable materials and fixings in sufficient quantities with detailed instructions. We offer quality components at very competitive prices. This service is only available to customers who buy one of our buildings and our accessories are not available separately.
CEDAR ROOF SHINGLES: Attractive and durable, cedar shingles make the ideal roof for high specification gazebos. These genuine cedar roof shingles are traditionally made from Western Red Cedar. The individual cedar shingles are laid over a felted solid pine inner roof. Each individual cedar tile is a known as a shingle. Cedar shingles have long been a popular roofing material for domestic and public buildings in large parts of North America where cedar shingles have a reputation for warmth and longevity. Cedar has an unrivalled reputation for durability and cedar shingles often last for many decades. We use only the highest grade of shingles which are 100% heartwood, 100% free from defects and 100% edge grain. Heartwood edge grain is the densest possible cut which ensures maximum durability. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture.
DECORATIVE FELT TILES: Mineral coated bitumen felt tiles are an attractive and durable roofing material which is far more hardwearing than standard roofing felt. Traditionally used for small buildings only in the UK, felt tiles are used much more in Scandinavia and North America where they are used widely in general housebuilding. The sophisticated design features a strip of almost dry bitumen adhesive. This ensures that every tile is stuck to the tile below within a few days for improved waterproofing and windproofing. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture. Mineral felt tiles are made using asphalt with a bitumen binder and an external covering of durable and attractive natural stone chips. Mineral felt tiles are often described as felt shingles because the design resembles traditional cedar shingles.
UNTEARABLE ROOF FELT: This untearable mineral coated bitumen roofing felt is more durable than standard roofing felt. Standard felt is paper backed or fibreglass backed, both of which are very easy to tear or puncture. This weakness makes standard felt vulnerable to wind damage. Although our untearable roofing felt looks and feels the same it includes a concealed plastic membrane which makes it far stronger. The most common cause of damage to a standard felt roof is a gust of wind getting under the felt and tearing it. Once the felt is torn it is quickly ruined. Standard felt can be torn very easily but our untearable felt cannot be torn by hand without a cutting edge. Even aggressive attempts to tear the felt by hand will only wrinkle the edges as the hidden membrane is stretched.
MICROPOROUS PRESERVATIVE - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our quality microporous preservatives are impervious to water but not to water vapour. This allows the wood to breathe. You can order up to 3 separate colours if required. At least two coats are normally required with a further coat at periodic intervals.
Our 3 star preservative is practical and affordable with a choice of 4 colours. It covers around 10 square metres per litre and normally lasts 1-2 years before a further coat is required.
Our 4 star preservative is a high quality preservative which covers around 9 square metres per litre and normally lasts 2-5 years before a further coat is requred. It is available with a choice of 12 colours.
Our 5 star preservative is a deluxe high build preservative which can be used to achieve a stunning finish. Each extra coat increases the colour and sheen. It covers around 8 square metres per litre and normally lasts 2-5 years before a further coat is required. It is available with a choice of 12 colours.
Based on average coverage five litres of our 4 star preservative is enough for two coats on an 8'x10' shed or an 8'x8' log cabin. Ten litres is enough for three coats on a 10'x16' shed or a 12'x10' log cabin. Coverage varies according to the smoothness of the surface and the porosity of the timber. We recommend that you order more than you need to be sure that you have easily enough. All of these preservatives are safe for use with children and pets. These microporous preservatives are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building or if you purchased a Summer building in the past. Prices include free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
WATERPROOF CLEAR SEAL - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our hardwearing clear seal is ideal as a clear varnish for bare timber or as a waterproof top coat for painted wood and pressure treated timber. It is also ideal as a waterproof floor varnish, especially the polyurethane clear seal. The smooth and shiny finished surface is waterproof and easy to clean. Available in a choice of acrylic or polyurethane, these colourless water based coatings are almost odourless and recommended for smooth planed timber only. One coat is normally required as a sealing top coat on painted or treated timber. A minimum of two coats are normally required on untreated wood. Up to three coats may be required for floors. An unsealed timber floor quickly shows muddy boot marks and other dirt. For best results a floor should be treated at the earliest opportunity while the timber is new and clean. On average five litres of our 5 star clear seal is enough for three coats on a 12'x12' floor, two coats on the walls of an 8'x8' log cabin or one coat on the walls of a 12'x16' log cabin. We recommend that you order more than you need to be sure that you have easily enough. The price includes free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
NATURAL WOOD OIL - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our traditional wood oil preservative is linseed oil based and provides a natural ecologically friendly alternative to modern alkyd based preservatives. Wood oil combines the waterproofing qualities of a paint finish with the high absorption rate of woodstain. The natural oiliness provides a highly water repellent surface which protects the wood from moisture. The oil also penetrates deep into the wood and emphasizes the grain. The high elasticity of wood oil allows it to expand and contract with the wood as climatic conditions vary. Three coats are recommended with a further coat after 1-3 years. One litre covers approximately 12 to 16 square metres. Coverage varies according to the smoothness and porosity of the timber so you should order more than you need. On average five litres covers a 10x8 log cabin with three coats and ten litres covers a 20x13 log cabin with 3 coats. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow. Prices include free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
- Choice of CRANE DELIVERY within a few weeks or EXPRESS DELIVERY within a few days.
- Express delivery requires unloading by hand, piece by piece.
- Crane offload requires no unloading - the pack is lowered to the ground by crane.
- Crane offload is available throughout England, Wales and southern Scotland.
- Express delivery is available throughout England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and offshore islands
- Crane delivery within 2-4 weeks if your size is in stock.
- Crane delivery within 6-9 weeks if your size is not in stock.
- Express delivery includes NEXT DAY DELIVERY throughout England, Wales and southern Scotland.
- Express delivery within 3-5 days in northern Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and offshore islands
- Express delivery includes delivery ON ANY DAY OF YOUR CHOICE.
- Some sizes are always in stock but other sizes are not. To see which sizes are in stock now please refer to the product details or click here to see a full list of all of our STOCK CABINS WITH NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Please provide at least one DAYTIME PHONE NUMBER where the driver can contact you on the day of delivery if needed.
- Delivery is available throughout the UK but prices vary in different areas. You need to enter the first half of your postcode to see the correct prices in your local area. If you have not already done so click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
Crane Offload or Express Delivery?
- Express delivery ensures the fastest delivery time but it requires two fit and strong people to unload by hand.
- Crane offload is much easier with no manual unloading required.
- Your gazebo is delivered as a large pack. The pack is 4' (1.2m) wide and 3' (0.9m) high. It is normally around 15' (4.5m) long, which is a similar length to an average car. The overall weight is around 1 tonne (1000kg) which is also similar to a car.
- A typical pack includes around 200-300 individual pieces of wood and other elements which may be heavy.
- Unloading by hand is not difficult if you are fit and strong and used to physical work.
- Unloading by hand is not recommended if you are older, unfit, ill or not used to physical work.
- Express delivery is often arranged by appointment with your base layers or fitters.
- Crane offload is recommended if you are paying for professional installation. At most sites you can avoid handling the components yourself. When organizing the delivery remember to allow a delay until the professional installer is available. Most installers require at least a few weeks notice. We recommend delaying delivery until a few days before the installer is due to arrive.
- If you require a base remember to allow a delay until the base is completed when organizing the delivery. The builder may also be able to unload your gazebo or move it if you arrange the delivery while the builder is on site.
Our Crane Delivery Service - Additional Details
Our CRANE OFFLOAD service is the best option if you want to avoid unloading by hand and if you can wait a few weeks. The driver can unload quickly and easily without assistance. The pack is normally delivered onto the drive. It is sometimes possible to deliver onto the front lawn. It is not normally possible to deliver the pack into the back garden. The pack is strapped and sealed on delivery but after the pack is opened the individual components are easy to carry.
- The crane offload option is available at all mainland addresses in England and Wales.
- The crane offload option is available in southern Scotland in DG, EH, FK1-7, FK9-15, G1-62, G64-82, KA1-26, KA29-30, KY, ML, PA1-19, PH2-5 and TD postcodes.
- The crane offload option is currently not available in Northern Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Scottish Islands, the Isle of Wight, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
- With the crane delivery service it is not possible to select the delivery day or a specific time.
- Your delivery is arranged as part of a mixed load with 6 or 8 other customers in the same area.
- You will always receive advance notice of the delivery.
- With a few weeks notice you can select a 1 week delivery window.
- You can delay the delivery if required, for example if your base is not ready.
- If requested the driver can phone you 30-60 minutes before arriving.
Our Express Delivery Service - Additional Details
Choose NEXT DAY DELIVERY or delay the delivery until you are ready then YOU TELL US WHICH DAY TO DELIVER
TELL US WHICH DAY: You need to tell us which day to deliver so we need to hear from you. If you want fast delivery you should contact us soon after you order by phone or email or you can request delivery later.
NEXT DAY DELIVERY: Next day delivery is available throughout mainland England, Wales and southern Scotland. We can deliver on the next working day if requested before 10.00am. For example, to request delivery on Monday just contact us before 10.00am on Friday.
DELAYED DELIVERY: You can request a delivery day weeks in advance or you can wait to choose a delivery day later. We can deliver on any weekday of your choice, just contact us before 10.00am on the working day before.
SCOTLAND: Next day delivery is available to all mainland addresses in DG, EH, FK, G1-62, G64-82, KA1-26, KA29-30, KY, ML, PA1-19 and TD postcodes. Delivery is available within 3-5 days to mainland and offshore addresses in all other postcodes.
NORTHERN IRELAND & OFFSHORE ISLANDS: Delivery is available within 3-5 days throughout Northern Ireland, the Isle of Wight, the Scottish Islands, the Isle of Man, the Scilly Isles and the Channel Islands.
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Delivery is available within 3-5 days throughout the Republic of Ireland. To see the correct prices please select Republic of Ireland as the country and enter the first part of your Eircode postal code e.g. A65. After that you can see all of the products available at the correct prices including delivery throughout the Republic of Ireland. To place an order just phone us 7 days a week on 01603 721590.
FREE TIMED DELIVERY - MONDAY TO FRIDAY: This option is available at any mainland address in England and Wales. Timed delivery is also available in Scotland to mainland address in DG, EH, FK, G1-62, G64-82, KA1-26, KA29-30, KY, ML, PA1-19 and TD postcodes. The timed delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. Timed delivery is not available if you choose the crane offload option. The delivery will take place within 1 hour of your chosen time. You can choose a time between 9am and 5pm.
FREE SATURDAY AM DELIVERY: This option is available at any mainland address in England or Wales. Saturday AM delivery is also available in Scotland to mainland address in DG, EH, FK, G1-62, G64-82, KA1-26, KA29-30, KY, ML, PA1-19 and TD postcodes. The Saturday delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. To request delivery on Saturday just contact us before 12 noon on Friday. Saturday delivery is not available if you choose the crane offload option.
PRICES IN YOUR AREA: Delivery is available throughout the UK but prices vary in different areas. You need to enter the first half of your postcode to see the correct prices in your local area. If you have not already done so click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
- All gazebo prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this gazebo by phone or online.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.
- Low cost installation is available in most areas
- Low fixed rates
- Payment on completion
THOUSANDS OF SATISFIED CUSTOMERS: Since we were established in 1981 we have fitted buildings for thousands of customers at unbeatable prices. Our specialist fitters have agreed to fit buildings in your area at low fixed rates in return for regular work. Payment is due on completion. To order online just add your chosen fitting option to your shopping basket before you proceed to the checkout. To order by phone just phone us 7 days a week on 01603 721590.
LOW PRICES FOR BASELAYING AND INSTALLATION: Our unique low cost installation service is available in most areas. To see the prices in your local area just enter the first half of your postcode at the top of every page or CLICK HERE. If available our installation service is offered alongside the building prices. To see the prices just click on the blue "i" symbol next to each fitter.
NO FITTERS IN YOUR AREA? If you cannot see any fitters in your area please phone us for a quotation. If you experience any other problems, for example entering your postcode or finding the fitting prices just contact us. You can phone us on 01603 721590. Lines are open 7 days a week and our expert advisers are always happy to help.
FITTERS & BASELAYERS REQUIRED - REGISTER FREE: Give your business a boost - we can put you in touch with customers in your local area! Register now - its free! We need more fitters and base layers in all areas across England, Scotland and Wales. This free service is so simple - it only takes a few minutes to register. Just phone us on 01603 721590 or CLICK HERE to apply online.