Stock products are delivered within a few days. Other products are made to order. Please check individual products for specific delivery information.
Click this messge to hide it.
Thermowood Potting Shed 241 - Part Glazed Roof
- Free same day installation
- All timber used in the construction of this potting shed originates from sustainable forests
- Heavy duty timber frame (finished size 58mm x 32mm after machining)
- Thermally modified timber throughout (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Full height glass where practical with no unsightly glass overlaps
- Modern glazing system with grooved framing and no separate glazing beads
- Toughened safety glass
- 12mm tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding (finished size after machining)
- Substantial ex 2" deal floor joists fitted on 12mm thick plastic runners to prevent damp
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- Full length slatted staging under the windows, 1'8" wide (520mm)
- 2 high level shelves fitted in the wall opposite the windows, 10" wide (250mm)
- 1 opening window in the side wall
- 2 free roof vents complete with automatic openers
- Half boarded single hinged inward opening door
- Joinery doors with morticed and tenoned joints throughout
- Aluminium door handle with mortice lock
- Low threshold doorways for easy access
- Vinyl shed roof covering
- Door height 6'6" (1980mm)
- Door width 2'6" (810mm)
- Window wall eaves height 5'8" (1730mm)
- Shed wall eaves height 6'11" (2110mm)
- Ridge height 7'4" (2235mm)
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality garden shed. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your garden shed and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
THERMALLY MODIFIED TIMBER: Thermally modified timber is a beautiful natural material with a projected service life of 30 years or longer. Only heat and steam are used in the treatment process and no chemicals are added. It is a lifetime preservative treatment. The timber is gradually heated to a high temperature which permanently changes the physical properties of the wood. The resistance to decay and stability of the wood are significantly improved as are the insulation properties. The moisture content is reduced and resin is removed so it cannot seep out of the wood. The process was developed in Finland but it is based on ancient knowledge. For example, the Vikings knew that fencing poles with a burnt surface were more durable. The finished colour of the wood is an attractive brown which can be painted or stained just like any other wood. If the wood is left untreated it will fade over time to a silver grey colour in the same way as other timber.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The length refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- High quality paint system offered in a choice of colours
- Choice of door in the left end or right end (viewed from outside)
- Choice of standard or painted finish on staging and shelving - available on greenhouses with a painted finish. Please note that the paint finish on work surfaces may wear or scratch with repeated use.
- Black antique door handles
- PVC gutters with downpipe and stopends
- Additional full length thermally modified timber slatted shelf fitted on the rear wall
- Additional thermally modified timber high level shelf fitted on the front wall
- DIY base kits
- Attractive wooden slatted water butts
- Electric and gas heaters
- Thermometers and soil gauges
- Automatic watering systems
COLOURED PAINT FINISH: This greenhouse is available treated inside and outside with a high quality microporous paint system in a choice of opaque colours. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Microporous woodstains offer superior absorption and protection plus greater durability. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
HEATERS: We offer a huge range of heaters so whatever your specific requirements we have a heater to do the job. Our electric heaters require a standard domestic 13 amp electricity supply. Our propane gas heaters require permanent trickle ventilation when in use. As an approximate guide, a 3kw heater will heat a greenhouse up to 8'x12' or provide frost protection only up to 10'x15' in normal site conditions. A 1.5kw heater will normally heat a greenhouse up to 6'x8' or provide frost protection only up to 6'x12'. Internal partitions are often used in large greenhouses to create a smaller warm room which is cheaper and easier to heat.
HEATING REQUIREMENTS: Heating requirements vary for several reasons. Location is one factor with more heating required in Scotland than in southern England and less heating required in a sheltered position. The design is also a factor. For example, dwarf walls improve the insulation and lean to greenhouses absorb warmth from the existing wall. Another factor is the materials used. Polycarbonate greenhouses retain heat better than glass and wooden greenhouses retain heat better than metal greenhouses. We recommend you to buy a bigger heater than you need - you can always turn it down.
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Our durable eco-grid and eco-paving base kits are a practical and affordable alternative to slabs or concrete. Lightweight and easy to install within a few minutes, these 100% recycled polypropylene pavers simply click together with no fixings needed. The interlocking design helps to spread weight and ensures greater rigidity. Extensive preparation is not normally required - just level the soil and lay the pavers directly on soil or a thin layer of sand or pea shingle. Weed membranes are not needed below a timber floor. The self draining design prolongs the life of a timber floor. Unlike paving or concrete our plastic bases are fully relocatable. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location the pavers can be cut to size with no loss of structural integrity. The base is normally a few inches larger than your building. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
ECO-GRID BASE KITS: Our eco-grid plastic bases can support up to 150 tonnes per square metre. Each eco-grid is 472mm x 472mm and 40mm thick with an immensely strong 60mm hexagonal cell structure. Eco-grids should be laid on a sub-base of soil, sand or pea shingle but not on hard surfaces such as concrete. Integral pegs on the underside help to bed the eco-grids into a softer sub-base which helps with levelling. If the sub-base is concrete or a similar hard surface we recommend our eco-paving which features a flat underside.
ECO-PAVING BASE KITS: Our eco-paving is less brittle and more difficult to damage than concrete paving slabs. The pavers have a strong grid structure underneath and the surface looks similar to concrete slabs. Eco-paving is recommended if the sub-base is concrete or a similar hard surface, because the pavers feature a flat and level underside. Eco-paving can also be laid on soil or pea shingle. Each eco-paver is 385mm x 385mm and 40mm thick.
- Delivery is normally between 5 and 6 weeks after order for unpainted garden sheds.
- Delivery is normally between 9 and 10 weeks after order for painted finish garden sheds.
- Delivery in the EX, PL, TQ and TR postcodes may be 6-8 weeks longer.
- Delivery in Scottish postcodes may be 6-8 weeks longer.
- Our garden shed prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These garden sheds are normally delivered by the fitters in dedicated vehicles. This ensures less damage and no delay between delivery and fitting. Most cheaper garden sheds are delivered by national carriers who normally deliver to the kerbside only. Carriers cause more damage and normally refuse to carry glass or large panels. Their prices are based on weight and panel sizes. As a result, garden sheds delivered by outside carriers are made in small and flimsy lightweight sections with less wood. The benefits of our specialist delivery service include less damage, larger more rigid panels and heavier construction.
- All garden shed prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this garden shed by phone or online.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
- All prices include FREE INSTALLATION by specialist trained staff.
FREE INSTALLATION: This garden shed includes free installation. Because of this it is better made than other buildings. Everything possible is done to speed up installation and minimize problems on site. Even the glass and glazing beads are factory fitted. The result is better quality buildings which are fitted quickly with few complications. Features of these garden sheds include careful construction with high quality components and fewer problems.