Click this messge to hide it.
- Free same day installation
- Scandinavian redwood or whitewood
- All timber used in the construction of this potting shed originates from sustainable forests
- Heavy duty timber frame (finished size 58mm x 32mm after machining)
- Thermally modified timber throughout (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Wood oil preservative finish
- Full height glass where practical with no unsightly glass overlaps
- Modern glazing system with grooved framing and no separate glazing beads
- Toughened safety glass
- 12mm tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding (finished size after machining)
- Substantial ex 2" deal floor joists fitted on 12mm thick plastic runners to prevent damp
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- Full length slatted staging under the windows, 1'8" wide (520mm)
- 2 high level shelves fitted in the wall opposite the windows, 10" wide (250mm)
- 1 opening window in the side wall
- 2 free roof vents complete with automatic openers
- Half boarded single hinged inward opening door
- Joinery doors with morticed and tenoned joints throughout
- Aluminium door handle with mortice lock
- Low threshold doorways for easy access
- Vinyl shed roof covering
- Door height 6'6" (1980mm)
- Door width 2'6" (810mm)
- Window wall eaves height 5'8" (1730mm)
- Shed wall eaves height 6'11" (2110mm)
- Ridge height 7'4" (2235mm)
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality garden shed. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your garden shed and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
SCANDINAVIAN REDWOOD OR WHITEWOOD: The most widely used timber in the UK for years, Scandinavian Redwood and Whitewood grow in the well managed forests of Scandinavia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than faster growing trees from warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a close grain pattern. The wood is seasoned and kiln dried to achieve the correct moisture content before it is machined. Redwood and Whitewood are so similar in appearance and performance that it is difficult to tell the difference. Both are classified as slightly durable and treatment is required for outside use. The forests of Scandinavia and Northern Europe have been responsibly managed on a sustainable basis for centuries so Scandinavian Redwood or Whitewood is an enviromentally friendly choice.
THERMALLY MODIFIED TIMBER: Thermally modified timber is a beautiful natural material with a projected service life of 30 years or longer. Only heat and steam are used in the treatment process and no chemicals are added. It is a lifetime preservative treatment. The timber is gradually heated to a high temperature which permanently changes the physical properties of the wood. The resistance to decay and stability of the wood are significantly improved as are the insulation properties. The moisture content is reduced and resin is removed so it cannot seep out of the wood. The process was developed in Finland but it is based on ancient knowledge. For example, the Vikings knew that fencing poles with a burnt surface were more durable. A wood oil preservative is applied before leaving the factory. The finished colour of the wood is an attractive brown which can be painted or stained just like any other wood. If the wood is left untreated it will fade over time to a silver grey colour in the same way as other timber.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The length refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.