Stock products are delivered within a few days. Other products are made to order. Please check individual products for specific delivery information.
Click this messge to hide it.
Security Pent Shed 63 - Shiplap, Extra Tall
- Free same day installation
- Individually made to order
- All timber used in the construction of this security shed originates from sustainable forests
- All sheds are either pressure treated (lifetime preservative treatment) or treated by total immersion in a high quality based preservative
- Strong ex 2" planed framework (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Strong ex 2" floor joists
- Strong ex 2" planed roof purlins (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- The overall window area varies according to the building size
- Security windows with internal glazing
- Windows glazed with 3mm horticultural glass and vertical timber beads with external silicone seal
- Framed ledged and braced door with padbolt protector bolted internally for added security
- 5'11" high x 2'11" wide (1800mm x 890mm) heavy duty door with galvanised hinges bolted internally for added security
- Green mineral felted roof
- Internal height at the lowest point inside 6'2" (1882mm)
- Eaves height 6'6" (1982mm) on the 4', 5' and 6' deep sheds
- Eaves height 7'2" (2012mm) on the 8' and 10' deep sheds
- Ridge height 7' (2134mm) on the 4' and 5' deep sheds
- Ridge height 7'3" (2210mm) on the 6' deep sheds
- Ridge height 7'4" (2242mm) on the 8' and 10' deep sheds
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality garden shed. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your garden shed and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: A feature of these quality sheds is the heavy duty doors. The joinery door frames are fully morticed and tenoned with substantial framing and a good quality lock. The windows are glazed with glass and glazing beads. Many sheds include thin styrene glazing, which provides little security or weather protection. Another feature is the substantial 2" thick wall framing spaced close together, which ensures a more robust and durable building.
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These garden sheds feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your garden shed. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the depth and the second dimension is the width. The depth refers to the sloping wall. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Choice of pressure treated timber (lifetime preservative treatment) or timber treated by total immersion in a high quality preservative
- High quality external paint system offered in a wide choice of colours. The coloured paint finish is applied externally to the timber. Choice of one or two colours.
- Choice of 2 door and window layouts, or made to suit your own individual requirements
- Choice of door hinges on the left or right (viewed from outside)
- Pressure treated 3" x 3" floor bearers (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Heavy duty floor with ex 3/4" thick tongued and grooved boards (15mm finished size after machining)
- 4" higher walls with 6'8" (2040mm) internal eaves height (the door height remains the same)
- One piece EPDM rubber roof membrane, a tough roof surface which is virtually maintenance free
- Double doors up to 6' wide
- Additional doors
- Toughened glass to BS6206 Class A
- Internal partitions
- Shelf units, steel or heavy duty timber
- Workbenches, single tier or double tier
- Additional security features
- Recycled plastic base kits
- This shed can be made in smaller sections if access is restricted
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced deep into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently bonded to the cell structure of the wood at a molecular level. Tanalith E is a widely used water based version so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.
COLOURED EXTERNAL PAINT FINISH: This building is available treated with a high quality microporous paint system in a choice of opaque colours. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Microporous woodstains offer superior absorption and protection plus greater durability. One or two colours can be chosen, with the doors, windows and fascias being painted the same colour as the external cladding or different. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
FLOOR BEARERS: Bearers are substantial pressure treated beams under the floor, which will prolong the life of your garden shed. The bearers are the only part of the garden shed which is in contact with the ground and they are pressure treated for longer life. The bearers also raise the floor above the ground. This allows air to circulate under the floor to reduce dampness and also reduces saturation of the lower cladding boards.
HEAVY DUTY FLOOR: The standard floor is stronger than most garden shed floors and suitable for normal use. It features 12mm thick tongued and grooved boards with 2" thick floor joists spaced close together for improved strength. The heavy duty floor features the same bearer size and spacing but with 15mm thick tongued and grooved boards, which is exceptionally strong and suitable for storing heavier items.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
ONE PIECE EPDM ROOF: A tough EPDM rubber membrane is made in one piece to the size of your roof with no joins. It is easily fitted within a few minutes at normal temperatures with no heat required. EPDM rubber is completely inert, UV stable and not affected by extreme temperatures. It never perishes and it will not rot, split, crack or degrade. EPDM rubber lasts for years with little or no maintenance. It has been widely used in flat roofing for over 40 years from Alaska to the Middle East. It is increasingly popular in the UK where it is widely used for re-roofing flat roof garages and extensions. Even in extreme weather conditions EPDM rubber remains flexible and it will stretch to absorb any movement as a timber roof expands and contracts with the seasons.
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Our durable eco-grid and eco-paving base kits are a practical and affordable alternative to slabs or concrete. Lightweight and easy to install within a few minutes, these 100% recycled polypropylene pavers simply click together with no fixings needed. The interlocking design helps to spread weight and ensures greater rigidity. Extensive preparation is not normally required - just level the soil and lay the pavers directly on soil or a thin layer of sand or pea shingle. Weed membranes are not needed below a timber floor. The self draining design prolongs the life of a timber floor. Unlike paving or concrete our plastic bases are fully relocatable. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location the pavers can be cut to size with no loss of structural integrity. The base is normally a few inches larger than your building. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
ECO-GRID BASE KITS: Our eco-grid plastic bases can support up to 150 tonnes per square metre. Each eco-grid is 472mm x 472mm and 40mm thick with an immensely strong 60mm hexagonal cell structure. Eco-grids should be laid on a sub-base of soil, sand or pea shingle but not on hard surfaces such as concrete. Integral pegs on the underside help to bed the eco-grids into a softer sub-base which helps with levelling. If the sub-base is concrete or a similar hard surface we recommend our eco-paving which features a flat underside.
ECO-PAVING BASE KITS: Our eco-paving is less brittle and more difficult to damage than concrete paving slabs. The pavers have a strong grid structure underneath and the surface looks similar to concrete slabs. Eco-paving is recommended if the sub-base is concrete or a similar hard surface, because the pavers feature a flat and level underside. Eco-paving can also be laid on soil or pea shingle. Each eco-paver is 385mm x 385mm and 40mm thick.
ADDITIONAL LOCKS: Heavy duty bolts, brackets and locks are available to provide additional security for your most valuable items. A heavy duty anchor bracket with a cable and padlock can be securely wall or floor mounted into brickwork, concrete or timber. The security cable is long enough to secure several items such as bicycles or a lawnmower. Padlocks are available with a closed shackle for security or a combination lock for convenience. Heavy duty sliding combination bolts can be fitted to single or double doors. The recodable combination bolt is quick and easy to use, with no keys to lose and no time wasted looking for keys. A hasp and staple set or a pair of door brackets can also be fitted to single or double doors. Ideally two pairs of brackets or two hasp and staple locks will provide a secure fixing point at the top and bottom of the door for maximum security.
BURGLAR ALARM: This simple and effective battery operated burglar alarm kit is easy to install in any wooden garden building. The main panel features a digital keypad and a powerful built-in siren. Two pre-wired door contacts are also included complete with a length of cable which plugs into the main panel. A 9 volt PP3 alkaline battery is required, which is not supplied with the kit. The alarm is easy to set using the digital keypad. A delay allows plenty of time to enter or leave the building after setting the alarm. Once the alarm has been armed it will be triggered by opening the door or tampering with the wiring. When the alarm is activated the siren emits a powerful and unpleasant sound to deter intruders.
SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS: These ingenious and affordable solar powered lights are easy to install with no mains wiring and they cost nothing to run. During the day the externally mounted solar panel converts daylight into electricity and recharges the batteries. The solar panel is weatherproof and suitable for outside use. It is normally positioned high on the walls of your garden shed or on the roof. Our solar internal lights solve the problem of seeing inside your garden shed at night. Our solar security lights illuminate the approach to your garden shed at night and may also deter burglars. After dusk the passive infra red movement detector switches itself on when it detects movement. The more expensive solar lights are brighter and stay on for longer.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these shed is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your shed can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. This option is not normally required for the 4' x 6' building unless there are other obstructions. There is a charge for this option and notice is required with the order. For more details see "Other options".
DELIVERY UPDATE: This item is currently available within the estimated delivery times below, with no delays. Our delivery times are slower than normal due to unprecedented demand.
- Delivery is normally between 4 and 5 weeks after order for unpainted garden sheds.
- Delivery is normally between 5 and 6 weeks after order for painted finish garden sheds.
- Our garden shed prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These garden sheds are normally delivered by the fitters in dedicated vehicles. This ensures less damage and no delay between delivery and fitting. Most cheaper garden sheds are delivered by national carriers who normally deliver to the kerbside only and cause more damage. Their prices are based on weight and panel sizes. As a result, garden sheds delivered by outside carriers are made in small and flimsy lightweight sections with less wood. The benefits of our specialist delivery service include less damage, larger more rigid panels and heavier construction.
- All garden shed prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this garden shed by phone or online.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
- All prices include FREE INSTALLATION by specialist trained staff.
- Your garden shed will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you.
FREE INSTALLATION: This garden shed includes free installation. Because of this it is better made than other garden sheds. Everything possible is done to speed up installation and minimize problems on site. The result is better quality garden sheds which are fitted quickly with few complications. Features of these garden sheds include careful construction with high quality components and fewer problems.
SPECIAL OFFER . . . FREE TOUGHENED GLASS . . . OFFER ENDS TUESDAY 31st MAY!
- We are giving away free toughened glass with this potting shed!
- This offer ends on Tuesday 31st May so ORDER NOW to avoid disappointment!