Metal Shed 387 - Pent Roof, Hinged Door, Galvanized Steel
This tall great value pent roof metal shed is approximately 3'x5' with an attractive grey coloured external finish. Heavier than most other comparable metal sheds, all framing and cladding is hot dip galvanized steel. The cladding and doors are also resin coated on both sides. Standard features include a hinged door with sliding padbolt and a heavy duty threshold. Strong foundation rails are also included. All fixings and instructions are included. Options include a unique timber base and a selection of base anchor fixings to ensure that your shed is fixed down securely. Accessories include shelves, tool racks and tool hooks.
LIMITED STOCK - SELLING FAST!
- Hot dip galvanized steel framing
- Hot dip galvanized steel cladding panels with a tough epoxy resin coating inside and out
- Attractive grey colour to external cladding
- Contrasting colour to fascias and door frame trims
- Pale colour to all internal cladding
- Sliding padbolt to suit most padlocks (padlock not supplied)
- Vertical, horizontal and diagonal door framing
- Cladding sheets are corrugated and ribbed for extra strength
- Corner cladding sheets are folded ninety degrees and overlapped to provide a strong and waterproof corner joint
- 125mm x 30mm door threshold
- 110mm x 30mm and 55mm x 30mm foundation rails
- Single hinged door in the lower 5' wide wall
- Overall height approximately 6'1" (1860mm)
- Eaves height approximately 5'9" (1750mm)
- Door height approximately 5'7" (1700mm)
- External roof size 2'11" deep x 4'8" wide (890mm x 1430mm)
- External cladding size approximately 2'7" deep x 4'3" wide (800mm x 1300mm)
- Overall weight 30kg excluding floor - heavier than similar metal sheds supplied by others
- This shed is easy to deliver if access is restricted - all sections are designed to pass through a normal single door
HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION: As a rough and ready rule, the more heavy duty a metal shed is the more the carton weighs. These sheds are at least 10% heavier than most similar metal sheds and up to 26% heavier than some others.
GALVANIZED STEEL: All framing and cladding used in the construction of this shed is hot dip galvanized steel. This is a process by which steel is coated with zinc to protect it from corrosion. The cladding is subsequently coated with epoxy resin, partly to protect the zinc coating itself and partly to add colour. The factory finish is described as primer although a top coat is not normally needed. The combination of a zinc coating with epoxy resin provides durable protection even if the surface is scratched.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the depth and the second dimension is the width. The depth refers to the sloping wall. The sizes listed alongside the prices are the external roof sizes. The external wall sizes may be smaller.
- A choice of floor options and base anchor fixings
- No floor
- Pressure treated timber base with floor decking. Overall base size 3'3"x4'11" (1000mm x 1500mm).
- Plastic base kits. Overall base size 3'9"x5'1" (1155mm x 1540mm).
- Concrete hammer fixings
- Corner brackets
- Floor bolts
- Galvanized steel shelf, 2'7" long and 8" wide (800mm x 200mm). The kit includes shelf brackets and fixings.
- Galvanized steel tool racks, supplied in pairs, each 2'4" long (700mm). Each tool rack is punched with 24 holes, slots and hooks in a variety of sizes. The maximum storage capacity is therefore at least 48 tools. The kit includes all fixings.
- Galvanized steel double tool hooks, supplied in packs of 4 and easy to fit or move by simply hooking over the horizontal framing with no fixings needed
- Solar powered lights
NO FLOOR: This shed can be built without a floor if it is placed directly onto concrete, paving slabs or decking. This is normally the cheapest option if a suitable area of existing hardstanding is available. If so, the pre-drilled galvanized steel foundation rails should be fixed into your base. If the base is timber, the screws supplied with the shed can be used to fix the pre-drilled steel foundation rails into the base. If the base is concrete or paving we offer concrete hammer fixings and galvanized steel corner brackets as a low cost option.
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER BASE WITH FLOOR DECKING: This substantial timber floor features decking boards with a reeded surface finish. Prefabricated panels form a strong floor which is easy to install. A small gap between each deck board ensures that rainwater can drain away easily and allows for the expansion and contraction of the timber in varying weather conditions. All timber is pressure treated which ensures a longer lifespan. Unlike slabs or concrete these floor tiles are lightweight, easy to install and fully relocatable. First the ground is levelled and then the pavers are laid directly on the soil. The pavers can also be laid on concrete, paving or decking. The finished floor is a few inches larger than the shed which ensures that no part of the metal shed is in direct contact with the ground. In addition, valuable items such as lawnmowers and steel tools are stored off the ground and not in direct contact with the ground. Our timber decking floors will prolong the life of your shed and the contents. Each tile is 500mm x 500mm, with 15mm thick timber decking boards, 12mm gaps and 45x15mm joists (finished sizes after machining). Concrete hammer fixings are not suitable for use with the timber floor.
PLASTIC FLOOR KITS: Our unique plastic floor kits are an affordable alternative to slabs or concrete. Easy to install within a few minutes, the interlocking plastic floor tiles simply click together with no fixings needed. Unlike slabs or concrete these floor tiles are lightweight, easy to install and fully relocatable. The durable tiles are stronger and longer lasting than a timber floor. The finished floor is capable of supporting considerable weight because the tiles are designed to spread the weight. First the ground is levelled and then the pavers are laid directly on the soil. The pavers can also be laid on concrete, paving or decking. Each tile is impermeable and self draining with 12 separate locking points per paver to ensure maximum rigidity. The finished floor is a few inches larger than the shed which ensures that no part of the metal shed is in direct contact with the ground. In addition, valuable items such as lawnmowers and steel tools are stored off the ground and not in direct contact with the ground. Our plastic floor kits will prolong the life of your shed and the contents. A plastic floor is recommended for any metal shed supplied without a floor. If the plastic floor is placed on a solid base such as concrete, paving or bricks we recommend using hammer fixings. If it is placed on compacted soil we recommend using floor bolts.
CONCRETE HAMMER FIXINGS: We recommend hammer fixings for any metal shed which is sited on a solid base of concrete, paving or bricks to ensure that it is securely fixed down. The pack includes sufficient hammer fixings to fix the pre-drilled foundation rails into the base. The fixings are drive in hammer screws with a nylon sleeve. A masonry drill bit is also included. Drive in hammer fixings are simple to use. First the hole is drilled in the masonry and then the fixing is hammered home. If required the screw head allows easy removal with a screwdriver.
CORNER BRACKETS: We recommend corner brackets for any metal shed which is subject to frequent use or sited in an exposed area. The corner brackets do not just strengthen the corners. It is also easier to fix the shed into a solid base using the brackets. The kit includes 4 galvanized steel corner brackets. Screws are included to fix the brackets into the foundation rails. Screws and nylon plugs are also supplied for fixing into bricks, concrete or paving slabs.
FLOOR BOLTS: We recommended floor bolts for any metal shed with a plastic floor if there is no solid base of concrete, paving or bricks. This is because without a solid base the shed cannot be securely fixed down. Instead, the plastic base and the foundation rails of the shed should be bolted together. The pack includes sufficient nuts and bolts to fix the pre-drilled foundation rails into the base. The corner brackets are also a good idea when floor bolts are used, especially with larger metal sheds.
SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS: These ingenious and affordable solar powered lights are easy to install with no mains wiring and they cost nothing to run. During the day the externally mounted solar panel converts daylight into electricity and recharges the batteries. The solar panel is weatherproof and suitable for outside use. It is normally positioned high on the walls of your garden shed or on the roof. Our solar internal lights solve the problem of seeing inside your garden shed at night. Our solar security lights illuminate the approach to your garden shed at night and may also deter burglars. After dusk the passive infra red movement detector switches itself on when it detects movement. The more expensive solar lights are brighter and stay on for longer.
- Delivery is normally between 5 and 7 weeks after order.
- Our garden furniture prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process
- All garden shed prices include VAT.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.