Click this messge to hide it.
- Hot dip galvanized steel framing
- Hot dip galvanized steel cladding panels with a tough epoxy resin coating inside and out
- Attractive grey colour to external cladding
- Contrasting colour to gable fascias and door frame trims
- Pale colour to all internal cladding
- Pair of door handles pre-drilled with 10mm diameter holes to suit most padlocks
- Vertical, horizontal and diagonal door framing
- Cladding sheets are corrugated and ribbed for extra strength
- Corner cladding sheets are folded ninety degrees and overlapped to provide a strong and waterproof corner joint
- 125mm x 30mm door threshold and ramp
- 110mm x 30mm and 55mm x 30mm foundation rails
- 2 louvred ventilators are fitted to the front for improved ventilation
- External ridge height approximately 5'9" (1760mm)
- Door height approximately 5'2" (1570mm)
- This shed is easy to deliver if access is restricted - all sections are designed to pass through a normal single door
4'0" x 6'7" Shed
- External roof size 4'0" deep x 6'7" wide (1210mm x 2010mm)
- External cladding size approximately 3'8" deep x 6'3" wide (1110mm x 1910mm)
- Double sliding doors in the 6'7" wide front wall
- Door opening width approximately 2'4" (700mm)
4'0" x 8'7" Shed
- External roof size 4'0" deep x 8'7" wide (1210mm x 2610mm)
- External cladding size approximately 3'8" deep x 8'3" wide (1110mm x 2510mm)
- Double sliding doors in the 8'7" wide front wall
- Door opening width approximately 2'11" (900mm)
GALVANIZED STEEL CLADDING: These great value buildings are made with galvanized steel throughout. All framing and cladding is hot dip galvanized steel. This is a process by which steel is coated with zinc to protect it from corrosion. The cladding is subsequently coated with epoxy resin, partly to protect the zinc coating itself and partly to add colour. The factory finish is described as primer although a top coat is not normally needed. The combination of a zinc coating with epoxy resin provides durable protection even if the surface is scratched.
STRONG FRAMING: In common with all other steel buildings, including even the largest sports stadia, retail superstores and warehouses, steel cladding sheets are surprisingly thin. The strength of steel buildings is provided by the frame, although the corrugations of the cladding sheets do provide a degree of extra strength. These metal sheds feature strong galvanized steel framing members and the completed frame is rigid.
DOOR SIZES - HEIGHT AND WIDTH: The door height listed above is the approximate head clearance height. The actual clear height of the opening is approximately 1" or 25mm less due to the door threshold. The approximate door opening width listed above is the minimum clearance which is safe to use when considering whether to purchase this building. We recommend allowing at least another 3" or 75mm all round any large objects to ensure easy access on a regular basis. In practice the actual opening width may be a few inches wider if the doors are set up with care.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the depth and the second dimension is the width. The depth refers to the sloping wall. The sizes listed alongside the prices are the external roof sizes. The external wall sizes may be smaller.
- A wide choice of floor options and base anchor fixings
- No floor
- Timber base kits - overall base sizes 4'11" x 8'2" (1500mm x 2500mm), 4'11" x 9'10" (1500mm x 3000mm)
- Plastic base kits - overall base sizes 5'1" x 7'7" (1540mm x 2310mm), 5'1" x 8'10" (1540mm x 2695mm)
- Base fixings
- Concrete hammer fixings
- Corner brackets
- Solar powered lights
NO FLOOR: This building can be built without a floor if it is placed directly onto concrete, paving slabs or decking. This is normally the cheapest option if a suitable area of existing hardstanding is available. If so, the pre-drilled galvanized steel foundation rails should be fixed into your base. If the base is timber, the screws supplied with your building can be used to fix the pre-drilled steel foundation rails into the base. We also offer a selection of stronger base fixings as low cost options.
TIMBER AND PLASTIC BASE KITS: Our easy to install base kits feature a choice of timber or plastic pavers. The pavers can be laid directly on concrete, paving or decking. The finished base is a few inches larger than your shed. No part of the shed is in direct contact with the ground and valuable items such as lawnmowers and steel tools are stored off the ground. This prolongs the life of your shed and the contents. Our optional fixing packs include suitable screws to fix the foundation rails of your shed firmly into the base. If your pavers are laid on concrete or paving we also recommend our optional hammer fixings.
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER BASES: These easy to install timber decking tiles feature boards with a reeded surface finish and a small gap between each board to allow for expansion and contraction of the timber and drainage. All timber is pressure treated, a lifetime preservative treatment. Unlike slabs or concrete these deck tiles are lightweight and fully relocatable. Boarding or matting can be laid over the tiles if a smooth floor is required. Each paver is 500mm x 500mm with 14mm thick decking boards, approximately 21mm gaps and 28x12mm joists (finished sizes after machining).
PLASTIC BASES: Our durable and self draining eco-paving base kits are a practical and affordable alternative to slabs or concrete. Lightweight and easy to install within a few minutes, these polypropylene pavers simply click together with no fixings needed. The interlocking design helps to spread weight and ensures greater rigidity. Unlike paving or concrete our plastic bases are fully relocatable. Our eco-paving is less brittle than concrete paving slabs, with a strong supporting structure. The surface looks and feels similar to pressed concrete slabs, with a slightly textured finish. The interlocking design combines the weight of the contents with the weight of your shed to enhance the stability of the structure.
BASE FIXING KITS: Our optional base fixing kits include sufficient screws to fix the foundation rails of our metal sheds to a plastic or timber base. The screws supplied are longer, wider and stronger than the screws supplied with the shed. The design of the screws also ensures a tighter fit and a more secure fixing.
CONCRETE HAMMER FIXINGS: We recommend hammer fixings for any metal building which is sited on a solid base of concrete or paving to ensure that it is securely fixed down. The pack includes sufficient hammer fixings to fix the pre-drilled foundation rails into the base. The fixings are drive in hammer screws with a nylon sleeve. A masonry drill bit is also available as an option if required. Drive in hammer fixings are simple to use. First the hole is drilled in the masonry and then the fixing is hammered home. If required the screw head allows easy removal with a screwdriver.
CORNER BRACKETS: Corner brackets are recommended for any metal building which is subject to frequent use or sited in an exposed area. The corner brackets strengthen the corners and also make it easier to fix your building down into a solid base. The kit includes 4 galvanized steel corner brackets. Screws are included to fix the brackets into the foundation rails. Screws and nylon plugs are also supplied for fixing into bricks, concrete or paving slabs.
SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS: These ingenious and affordable solar powered lights are easy to install with no mains wiring and they cost nothing to run. During the day the externally mounted solar panel converts daylight into electricity and recharges the batteries. The solar panel is weatherproof and suitable for outside use. It is normally positioned high on the walls of your garden shed or on the roof. Our solar internal lights solve the problem of seeing inside your garden shed at night. Our solar security lights illuminate the approach to your garden shed at night and may also deter burglars. After dusk the passive infra red movement detector switches itself on when it detects movement. The more expensive solar lights are brighter and stay on for longer.
- Delivery is normally between 5 and 8 days after order.
- Our garden shed prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process
- Kerbside delivery with advance notice by phone a day or two before
- This garden shed is easy to deliver if access is restricted - all sections are designed to pass through a normal single door.
- All garden shed prices include VAT.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Debit and MasterCard Debit. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.