Stock products are delivered within a few days. Many other products are made to order. Please check individual products for specific delivery information.
Click this messge to hide it.
Pent Summerhouse 46 - Low Level Glazing, Ex Display, Collection Only
Only one available. When its gone its gone. Its first come first served.
EX DISPLAY BUILDING for sale at NORWICH!
WE ARE PROUD TO DISPLAY THIS BUILDING: With thousands of buildings on our website and only a few dozen on display, we chose to display this building because it is one of our favourites. We know it will last well and it bears close scrutiny.
- This building has been on display for several years and routine maintenance is now due, which is reflected in the discounted price.
- This building is usable with no significant defects and if assembled with care it should last for years with periodic maintenance.
- Available now for immediate collection
- Delivery is not available
- Installation is not available
- Buyer to dismantle and collect
COME AND SEE FOR YOURSELF:
- If you are able to visit us you will see the quality for yourself.
- Our Show Centre is currently closed but you can view this building by appointment only between 10am and 3pm Monday-Friday.
- The address is Summer Garden Buildings, Liberator House, Bidwell Road, Rackheath Industrial Estate, Norwich, Norfolk, NR13 6PT.
RETAIL VALUE AS NEW: This building is a current model. You can see Pent Summerhouse 46 displayed on our website today. A breakdown of the retail prices for the equivalent specifications is listed below:
- £4,847 ... 6'x8' Pent Summerhouse 46 - Cedar Shiplap Cladding
- £4,847 ... Total including delivery (Retail value as new)
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- All timber treated by total immersion in a high quality preservative
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows - the joinery doors and windows are also made from cedar
- Panoramic low level glazing with doors and sidelight windows fully glazed to the floor
- 2 non opening fully glazed front windows
- 2 non opening fully glazed side windows, 1 in each side wall
- 1 small top hinged opening window in the rear wall, size approximately 1070mm wide x 330mm high
- Fully glazed double opening hinged doors with mortice lock fitted
- Black antique style door handles and hinges
- Pressure treated 2" x 2" floor joists (lifetime preservative treatment). Bearers not required
- Strong ex 3" thick planed roof purlins (70mm finished size after machining)
- Strong ex 2" thick planed deal framework (45mm finished size after machining)
- 12mm cedar tongued and grooved shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Front roof projection approximately 15" (380mm)
- Green mineral felted roof
- Internal height at the lowest point inside approximately 6'7" (1995mm)
- External height at the rear approximately 6'9" (2065mm)
- External height at the front approximately 7'2" (2175mm)
- Door height approximately 6' (1830mm)
WESTERN RED CEDAR: Western Red Cedar is a naturally resilient timber which lasts longer than pine and other softwoods, even if never treated from new. It has been widely used in construction for over a century. During this time cedar has deservedly earned an unrivalled reputation for its attractive appearance and extraordinary durability. It is the ideal choice for people who are too busy to maintain their garden building. This oily timber has a strong but pleasant aroma which repells insects. Cedar contains hardly any knots. If untreated it will fade to a silvery grey colour. Western Red Cedar is a sustainable resource from the well managed forests of North America.
LOW LEVEL GLAZING: Low level glazing provides a panoramic view from inside your garden room so you can appreciate your garden fully. With low level glazing you can enjoy a better view of the garden, especially at sites where the garden slopes away.
- Recycled plastic base kits
- A selection of microporous wood preservatives in a wide choice of colours
MICROPOROUS PRESERVATIVE - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our quality microporous preservatives are impervious to water but not to water vapour. This allows the wood to breathe. You can order up to 3 separate colours if required. At least two coats are normally required with a further coat at periodic intervals.
Our 3 star preservative is practical and affordable with a choice of 4 colours. It covers around 10 square metres per litre and normally lasts 1-2 years before a further coat is required.
Our 4 star preservative is a high quality preservative which covers around 9 square metres per litre and normally lasts 2-5 years before a further coat is required. It is available with a choice of 12 colours.
Our 5 star preservative is a deluxe high build preservative which can be used to achieve a stunning finish. Each extra coat increases the colour and sheen. It covers around 8 square metres per litre and normally lasts 2-5 years before a further coat is required. It is available with a choice of 12 colours.
Based on average coverage five litres of our 4 star preservative is enough for two coats on an 8'x10' shed or an 8'x8' log cabin. Ten litres is enough for three coats on a 10'x16' shed or a 12'x10' log cabin. Coverage varies according to the smoothness of the surface and the porosity of the timber. We recommend that you order more than you need to be sure that you have easily enough. All of these preservatives are safe for use with children and pets. These microporous preservatives are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building or if you purchased a Summer building in the past. Prices include free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
WATERPROOF COLOUR SEAL - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: This advanced water-based microprous timber treatment uses the latest high-tech nanotechnology to create a long-lasting waterproof wood coating that is environmentally friendly. It is suitable for use on all softwood and hardwood products and is especially recommended for use on pressure treated timber, including sheds, summerhouses, gazebos, fencing and garden furniture. This timber treatment will colour, protect and enhance your exterior wood. It contains a mould inhibitor to protect the coating and can be used on all outside and inside timber. It gives a traditional matt wood stain finish in a range of natural colours. It can easily be applied by sprayer, brush or roller. It is recommended that the second coat is applied as soon as the first coat is touch dry. We advise for ultimate performance the timber has a wood preservative pre-treatment. For the first treatment, two coats are recommended and will give a traditional wood stain finish that is long lasting. A further coat is recommended every 2-5 years. One litre covers approximately 10-12 square metres. Coverage varies according to the smoothness of the surface and the porosity of the timber. On average five litres covers a 12x8 shed with two coats and ten litres covers a 10x20 with three coats. It is recommended that 2 coats be applied. We recommend that you order more than you need to be sure that you have easily enough. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow. Prices include free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
WATERPROOF CLEAR SEAL - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our hardwearing clear seal is ideal as a clear varnish for bare timber or as a waterproof top coat for painted wood and pressure treated timber. It is also ideal as a waterproof floor varnish, especially the polyurethane clear seal. The smooth and shiny finished surface is waterproof and easy to clean. Available in a choice of acrylic or polyurethane, these colourless water based coatings are almost odourless and recommended for smooth planed timber only. One coat is normally required as a sealing top coat on painted or treated timber. A minimum of two coats are normally required on untreated wood. Up to three coats may be required for floors. An unsealed timber floor quickly shows muddy boot marks and other dirt. For best results a floor should be treated at the earliest opportunity while the timber is new and clean. On average five litres of our 5 star clear seal is enough for three coats on a 12'x12' floor, two coats on the walls of an 8'x8' log cabin or one coat on the walls of a 12'x16' log cabin. We recommend that you order more than you need to be sure that you have easily enough. The price includes free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Our durable eco-grid and eco-paving base kits are a practical and affordable alternative to slabs or concrete. Lightweight and easy to install within a few minutes, these 100% recycled polypropylene pavers simply click together with no fixings needed. The interlocking design helps to spread weight and ensures greater rigidity. Extensive preparation is not normally required - just level the soil and lay the pavers directly on soil or a thin layer of sand or pea shingle. Weed membranes are not needed below a timber floor. The self draining design prolongs the life of a timber floor. Unlike paving or concrete our plastic bases are fully relocatable. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location the pavers can be cut to size with no loss of structural integrity. The base is normally a few inches larger than your building. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
ECO-GRID BASE KITS: Our eco-grid plastic bases can support up to 150 tonnes per square metre. Each eco-grid is 472mm x 472mm and 40mm thick with an immensely strong 60mm hexagonal cell structure. Eco-grids should be laid on a sub-base of soil, sand or pea shingle but not on hard surfaces such as concrete. Integral pegs on the underside help to bed the eco-grids into a softer sub-base which helps with levelling. If the sub-base is concrete or a similar hard surface we recommend our eco-paving which features a flat underside.
ECO-PAVING BASE KITS: Our eco-paving is less brittle and more difficult to damage than concrete paving slabs. The pavers have a strong grid structure underneath and the surface looks similar to concrete slabs. Eco-paving is recommended if the sub-base is concrete or a similar hard surface, because the pavers feature a flat and level underside. Eco-paving can also be laid on soil or pea shingle. Each eco-paver is 385mm x 385mm and 40mm thick.