Click this messge to hide it.
- All timber used in the construction of this product originates from sustainable forests
- FSC Mix Credit, FSC certified product, certificate code INT-COC-003944, licence number FSC-C109654
- To verify our FSC membership visit the FSC Member Search and search for Summer Garden (full name "Summer Garden and Leisure Buildings Ltd")
- Pressure treated throughout (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Timber sizes are nominal i.e. before machining, unless described as finished size
- Scandinavian redwood or whitewood
- All timber used in the construction of this garden bench originates from sustainable forests in Northern Europe
- Substantial ex 3"x3" corner posts (finished size 70mm x 70mm)
- Rafters ex 3"x2" (finished size 70mm x 35mm)
- 2 square trellis panels
- Curved roof (bowed rafter finished size 70mm x 35mm)
- Smooth planed finish
- Prefabricated pieces for simple assembly
- Adjustable width by moving the corner posts
- Maximum internal archway opening approximately 3'11" (1200mm)
- Overall width approximately 4'5" (1340mm)
- Overall depth approximately 2'4" (720mm)
- Overall height approximately 7'4" (2230mm)
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced deep into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently bonded to the cell structure of the wood at a molecular level. Tanalith E is a widely used water based version so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.
SCANDINAVIAN REDWOOD OR WHITEWOOD: The most widely used timber in the UK for years, Scandinavian Redwood and Whitewood grow in the well managed forests of Scandinavia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than faster growing trees from warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a close grain pattern. The wood is seasoned and kiln dried to achieve the correct moisture content before it is machined. Redwood and Whitewood are so similar in appearance and performance that it is difficult to tell the difference. Both are classified as slightly durable and treatment is required for outside use. The forests of Scandinavia and Northern Europe have been responsibly managed on a sustainable basis for centuries so Scandinavian Redwood or Whitewood is an enviromentally friendly choice.
FSC® CERTIFIED TIMBER: This product is FSC certified. Our FSC licence number is FSC-C109654. Our FSC chain of custody certificate code is INT-COC-003944. To verify our membership visit FSC Member Search and search for Summer Garden (full name "Summer Garden and Leisure Buildings Ltd"). Please note if you want a genuine FSC certified product it must include a valid FSC claim, which must include a valid licence number and/or certificate code from a genuine FSC member. It must also be described as FSC 100% or FSC Mix Credit or FSC Mix 70%. Claims that "we use FSC timber" or "our suppliers are FSC certified" are dishonest, because the FSC certifies products and not suppliers. If the claim is invalid the timber is not FSC certified.
ABOUT THE FSC®: The FSC or Forest Stewardship Council is a non profit organization which promotes responsible forest management throughout the world. Since 1994 the FSC has certified over 190 million acres of forest in over 80 countries. The FSC confirms that the forest is being managed in a way that preserves the natural ecosystem and benefits the lives of local people and workers but also sustains economic viablility. FSC certification ensures that forests are responsibly managed by protecting plant and animal species, the rights of indigenous people and the safety of forest workers. FSC chain of custody certification verifies that FSC-certified material has been identified and separated from non-certified and non-controlled material at every step throughout the supply chain.
SAFETY: This product should be placed on a flat, level and hard base. Concrete and paving are ideal. Lawns are often too soft, but may be suitable with care. Children should not be allowed to climb on this product or to play around it without adult supervision. Jumping on this product is not recommended. Adults should sit down without excessive force. During the winter months and periods of adverse weather we recommend covering this product or storing it under cover.