Georgian Octagonal Summerhouse 63 - Cedar, Ex Display, Collection Only
This is a fantastic opportunity to buy an ex-display building from our showcentre in Norwich. This quality 8'x6' summerhouse features panoramic low level Georgian glazing with toughened safety glass as standard. Other features include joinery doors, 2 opening windows and cedar cladding. A cedar slatted roof and bearers are also included.
EX DISPLAY BUILDING for sale at NORWICH!
WE ARE PROUD TO DISPLAY THIS BUILDING: You can see this building on display at our showcentre in Norwich. With thousands of buildings on our website and only a few dozen on display, we only display our very best value buildings. We chose to display this building because it is one of our favourite buildings. We know it will bear close scrutiny. The condition is as new, except for dust and any minor wear and tear from use as a display building. There are no significant defects and it has not deteriorated at all.
COME AND SEE FOR YOURSELF: If you are able to visit us you will see the quality for yourself. Our Show Centre is open 7 days a week with expert advisers always available. We are open from 9.00-5.30 on Monday to Saturday and 10.30-4.30 on Sunday. The address is:
- Summer Garden Buildings
- Liberator House, Bidwell Road, Rackheath Industrial Estate, Norwich, Norfolk, NR13 6PT
- Telephone 01603 721590
RETAIL VALUE AS NEW: This building is a current model. You can see Georgian Octagonal Summerhouse 63 displayed on our website today. A breakdown of the retail prices for the equivalent specifications is listed below:
- Â£3,195 : Georgian Octagonal Summerhouse 63, Cedar cladding
- Â£824 : Cedar slatted roof
- Â£68 : Bearers
- Â£4,087 : Total including delivery (Retail value as new)
Â£1,999 Ex Display
- Available now for immediate collection
- Installation not available
- Buyer to dismantle and collect
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- All timber treated by total immersion in a high quality spirit based preservative
- 12mm Western Red Cedar shiplap (finished sizes after machining)
- Cedar morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows
- Large glazed area with low level Georgian style windows to both sides
- Toughened glass to BS6206 Class A as standard
- 2 top hinged opening windows
- Double doors approximately 5'10" high x 4'7" wide with mortice lock fitted (1783mm x 1400mm)
- Black antique style door handles and hinges
- 40mm x 33mm planed deal framework (finished sizes after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof and floor boards (finished size after machining)
- Attractive and durable smooth planed cedar slatted roof on top of a felted solid pine inner roof
- Pressure treated 2" x 2" floor bearers (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Ornate finials
- Decorative fluted fascias and mouldings
- Decorative moulded and mitred window beads
- Internal eaves height at the lowest point inside approximately 6'7" (2010mm)
- Eaves height approximately 6'9" (2060mm)
- Ridge height approximately 8'2" (2580mm)
HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION: A feature of these quality summerhouses is the heavy duty doors, which are joinery made with morticed and tenoned joints. A good quality mortice lock and heavy duty handles and hinges are also included. The windows are well made with joinery opening windows featuring morticed and tenoned joints. The glazing is real glass retained with glazing beads. Another feature is the substantial framing spaced close together, which ensures a more robust and durable building. All timber is planed smooth with interlocking tongued and grooved boards throughout.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
WESTERN RED CEDAR: Western Red Cedar is a naturally resilient timber which lasts longer than pine and other softwoods, even if never treated from new. It has been widely used in construction for over a century. During this time cedar has deservedly earned an unrivalled reputation for its attractive appearance and extraordinary durability. It is the ideal choice for people who are too busy to maintain their garden building. This oily timber has a strong but pleasant aroma which repells insects. Cedar contains hardly any knots. If untreated it will fade to a silvery grey colour. Western Red Cedar is a sustainable resource from the well managed forests of North America.
FLOOR BEARERS: Bearers are substantial pressure treated beams under the floor, which will prolong the life of your summerhouse. The bearers are the only part of the summerhouse which is in contact with the ground and they are pressure treated for longer life. The bearers also raise the floor above the ground. This allows air to circulate under the floor to reduce dampness and also reduces saturation of the lower cladding boards.
LOW LEVEL GLAZING: Low level glazing provides a panoramic view from inside your garden room so you can appreciate your garden fully. With low level glazing you can enjoy a better view of the garden, especially at sites where the garden slopes away.
OCTAGONAL BUILDING SIZES: For ease of reference these octagonal summerhouses are measured as a rectangle. The first dimension listed is the overall width from side to side and the second dimension is the depth from front to back. The external wall sizes are listed alongside the price. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.