Garden Office 80 - Painted, Double Glazed and Insulated
Sizes from 6'x8' to 16'x20'. These top of the range, high quality garden rooms, offices or studios feature cedar cladding with free coloured paint treatment as standard. Quality features include a single hinged door, 2 joinery windows and double glazing. Also included are fully insulated walls, floor and roof and internal lining with painted MDF for all year round use. Options include double hinged doors, a cedar shingle roof and a laminate floor.
Prices fixed until Thursday 28th February.
- Free same day installation
- Free external paint system included in a wide choice of colours
- All timber used in the construction of this garden office originates from sustainable forests
- 10 year timber guarantee
- 12mm Western Red Cedar shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows made from Western Red Cedar
- Double glazed doors and windows with Planitherm heat loss coating as standard
- 4mm toughened glass as standard
- The walls, floor and roof are fully lined and insulated throughout
- Draught excluder weatherseals fitted to all doors and windows
- The standard design includes a single door, 1 large 4 pane window and 1 smaller 3 pane window
- Single door, half glazed with 5 lever mortice lock fitted, 2'6" (762mm) wide
- Large 4 pane window features 1 central top hinged opening window and 2 side hinged opening windows, approximately 1770mm wide x 1200mm high
- Smaller 3 pane window features 1 top hinged opening window and 1 side hinged opening window, approximately 1200mm wide x 1200mm high
- 2 top hinged opening windows overall
- 3 side hinged opening windows overall
- All opening windows feature key locking handles
- Decorative scalloped gable fascias and apex finials
- Decorative mineral felt tiles in a choice of red, green or black
- Internal eaves height at the lowest point inside 7'8" (2350mm)
- Eaves height 7'10" (2400mm)
- Ridge height for 6' wide garden offices 9'0" (2740mm)
- Ridge height for 8' wide garden offices 9'4" (2840mm)
- Ridge height for 10' wide garden offices 9'11" (3010mm)
- Ridge height for 12' wide garden offices 10'3" (3120mm)
- Ridge height for 14' wide garden offices 10'7" (3240mm)
- Ridge height for 16' wide garden offices 10'8" (3260mm)
- Soon after the order date an order confirmation including scale drawings of the window and door design will be forwarded for your approval
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality summerhouse. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your summerhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
LINED AND INSULATED WALLS: These garden offices feature fully lined and insulated walls with 70mm x 45mm planed deal framework and 50mm thick foiled backed insulation board. A vapour barrier is also included. The walls are fully lined inside with MDF board with a matt white painted finish. Whilst most customers leave this untreated, it can be re-painted any colour of your choice.
INSULATED FLOOR: These garden offices feature fully insulated floors with 70mm x 45mm planed pressure treated floor joists and heavy duty 19mm pressure treated tongued and grooved floor boards with insulation boards laid above, ready for your choice of flooring. A vapour barrier is also included. Laminate flooring is available as an option if required.
LINED AND INSULATED ROOF: These garden offices feature a fully lined and insulated roof with 70mm thick planed pressure treated roof purlins, 12mm pressure treated tongued and grooved roof boards and 50mm thick foiled backed insulation board. A vapour barrier is also included. The roof is fully lined inside with MDF board with a matt white painted finish. Whilst most customers leave this untreated, it can be re-painted any colour of your choice.
COLOURED EXTERNAL PAINT TREATMENT: A high quality microporous paint system is available in a choice of opaque colours. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Microporous woodstains offer superior absorption and protection plus greater durability. The shiplap boards are treated with one coat prior to manufacture to prevent any shrinkage marks. Two further coats are applied after manufacturing. All window and door frames are treated with base coat prior to manufacturing. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
COLOURED INTERNAL PAINT FINISH: You can choose any one of our opaque paint colours. The same paint colours are available for internal or external use. If a coloured internal finish is specified the internal lining supplied is moisture resistant beaded pattern MDF. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
HIGH SPECIFICATION DOORS & WINDOWS: The doors and windows in this garden office are similar to those used in house building, with morticed and tenoned joints throughout. Features include fully profiled cills and sealed unit double glazing. All sashes are fitted with draught excluders and good quality ironmongery.
DOUBLE GLAZED WITH PLANITHERM GLASS: Double glazed units with 4mm toughened glass and Planitherm heat loss coating are supplied as standard. Planitherm use a special coating to reflect heat that you generate back into your room, rather than allowing it to escape through your windows. This coating also allows free heat from natural daylight to pass through the glass, warming the room for free and saving you money.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
DECORATIVE FELT TILES: Mineral coated bitumen felt tiles are an attractive and durable roofing material which is far more hardwearing than standard roofing felt. Traditionally used for small buildings only in the UK, felt tiles are used much more in Scandinavia and North America where they are used widely in general housebuilding. The sophisticated design features a strip of almost dry bitumen adhesive. This ensures that every tile is stuck to the tile below within a few days for improved waterproofing and windproofing. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture. Mineral felt tiles are made using asphalt with a bitumen binder and an external covering of durable and attractive natural stone chips. Mineral felt tiles are often described as felt shingles because the design resembles traditional cedar shingles.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear. The length refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang.
- Doors and windows can be positioned anywhere to suit your individual requirements. The price normally increases only if the number of doors or windows is increased.
- High quality coloured paint finish in a choice of colours
- Coloured internal paint finish in a choice of colours
- Choice of brass or chrome plated door and window handles
- Choice of green, red or black felt tiles included in the price
- Genuine traditionally made cedar shingle roof with individual Western Red cedar shingles
- PVC gutters and downpipes in a choice of white, brown or black
- 7mm thick hardwearing laminate floor in a choice of attractive finishes
- Double doors instead of single door
- Additional double glazed doors and windows
- Internal partition
- Velux roof window. The position may be influenced by the layout of the roof trusses and it is therefore confirmed shortly after order.
- This office can be made in smaller sections if access restricted
MADE TO MEASURE: These summerhouses can be individually designed to suit your exact needs at little or no extra cost. Additional doors, additional windows and internal partitions are standard options. The price normally increases only if the number of doors or windows is increased. To see our standard door and window layouts look at DESIGN OPTIONS elsewhere within this product description. If none of the standard designs are suitable just contact us. You can phone us 7 days a week on 01603 721590 or send a sketch of your design by e-mail, fax or post.
CEDAR ROOF SHINGLES: Attractive and durable, cedar shingles make the ideal roof for high specification summerhouses. These genuine cedar roof shingles are traditionally made from Western Red Cedar. The individual cedar shingles are laid over a felted solid pine inner roof. Each individual cedar tile is a known as a shingle. Cedar shingles have long been a popular roofing material for domestic and public buildings in large parts of North America where cedar shingles have a reputation for warmth and longevity. Cedar has an unrivalled reputation for durability and cedar shingles often last for many decades. We use only the highest grade of shingles which are 100% heartwood, 100% free from defects and 100% edge grain. Heartwood edge grain is the densest possible cut which ensures maximum durability. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture.
BURGLAR ALARM: This simple and effective battery operated burglar alarm kit is easy to install in any wooden garden building. The main panel features a digital keypad and a powerful built-in siren. Two pre-wired door contacts are also included complete with a length of cable which plugs into the main panel. A 9 volt PP3 alkaline battery is required, which is not supplied with the kit. The alarm is easy to set using the digital keypad. A delay allows plenty of time to enter or leave the building after setting the alarm. Once the alarm has been armed it will be triggered by opening the door or tampering with the wiring. When the alarm is activated the siren emits a powerful and unpleasant sound to deter intruders.
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Designed to spread weight and quickly clipped together, each paver is 500mm x 500mm. These durable and eco friendly plastic pavers are made from 100% recycled polypropylene. Lightweight and easy to install, the finished base will outlast any summerhouse. Extensive preparation is not normally required - just level the soil and lay the pavers directly on the soil. No sand or shingle is required. Weed membranes are not needed below timber floors. Unlike paving or concrete these bases are self draining and fully relocatable. Our standard pavers support 150 tonnes per square metre. They are suitable for any normal use and they can be laid on a soil or shingle sub-base. Our heavier duty pavers support 350 tonnes per square metre. They can be laid on any flat surface including concrete. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location the pavers can be easily cut to size with no loss of structural integrity. These heavy duty pavers are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these offices is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your office can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. This option is not normally required for 6' wide buildings unless there are other obstructions. There is no charge for this option but notice is required with the order.
- Delivery is normally between 6 and 8 weeks after order.
- Our summerhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These high quality summerhouses are normally delivered by the fitters in dedicated vehicles. This ensures less damage and no delay between delivery and fitting.
- All prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this summerhouse by phone or online.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.
- All prices include FREE INSTALLATION by specialist trained staff.
- Your summerhouse will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you.
FREE INSTALLATION: This high quality summerhouse includes free installation. Because of this it is better made than other buildings. Everything possible is done to speed up installation and minimize problems on site. The doors are factory fitted complete with locks and handles. Even the glass and glazing beads are factory fitted. The result is better quality buildings which are fitted quickly with few complications. Features of these premium quality summerhouses include careful construction with high quality components and fewer problems.