Spar Apex Concrete Workshop 627
These apex roof concrete sheds and workshops range in size from approximately 8'x14' to 14'x30'. The attractive and durable pebbledash finish features colourful Canterbury Spar chippings. Standard features include a 2'6" wide white powder coated single hinged door. Two joinery windows are also included with white PVCu available as an option. The fascias and gables are maintenance free white PVCu or preservative treated timber at the same price. The free installation service includes providing an internal mortar fillet. Options include granular steel roof tiles. Smaller workshops up to 10' wide feature an all steel roof structure with welded steel trusses and steel purlins. Larger workshops over 10' wide include a unique portal frame construction. The welded steel portal frames are connected with steel purlins to create an all steel skeleton of unrivalled strength and solidity.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 26th September.
- Free same day installation
- Free mortar fillet to the internal walls
- 10 year structural guarantee
- External pebbledash finish with Canterbury Spar chippings
- Galvanized bolts
- Apex roof with 15 degrees pitch
- Galvanized steel roof sheets with no drip anti-condensation coating inside and brown plastisol coated finish outside
- Apex gables feature interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap cladding in a choice of white PVCu or treated timber with matching fascias
- Single hinged door 2'6" wide with white powder coated galvanized steel and vertically ribbed design
- Door overall size, including frame 3'1" x 6'4" (930mm x 1935mm)
- Door clear opening size 2'9" x 6'0" (835mm x 1835mm)
- Door head clearance 6'2" (1885mm)
- Two free non opening windows in a choice of white PVCu or treated timber, each 2' wide x 3' high (610mm x 915mm)
- Standard eaves height 6'6" (1981mm)
- Smaller workshops 8', 9' and 10' wide feature welded steel roof trusses with black paint finish
- Larger workshops 12' and 14' wide feature welded steel portal frames with black paint finish
- External ridge height 8' or 2440mm (8'9" wide workshops)
- External ridge height 8'1" or 2470mm (9' wide workshops)
- External ridge height 8'2" or 2500mm (10' wide workshops)
- External ridge height 8'7" or 2610mm (12' wide workshops)
- External ridge height 8'9" or 2670mm (14' wide workshops)
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality garden shed. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your garden shed and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
CONCRETE SHEDS AND WORKSHOPS - THE BENEFITS: Many of our best timber sheds and log cabins are solid, well made and likely to last a long time with very little maintenance. However, nothing can match the solidity and durability of a concrete sectional building. If you choose PVCu windows and gables your concrete shed or workshop will be almost completely maintenance free. Sectional concrete sheds and workshops are especially popular as a more secure home for valuable items such as expensive tools or motorbikes.
SPAR FINISH: The heavy duty concrete panels are approximately 65mm thick and steel reinforced. The panels are finished outside with colourful Canterbury Spar chippings and inside with a smooth vibrated finish inside to ensure a neat appearance inside and out. The panels are full height and up to 24" wide so the number of joins is reduced to a minimum. The smooth internal finish is attractive in itself but it is also easy to paint which provides a stunning internal finish.
WELDED STEEL ROOF TRUSSES – UP TO 10'3" WIDE: All concrete sheds and workshops up to 10'3" wide feature an all steel roof structure with one piece welded steel trusses which span from side to side. The trusses are bolted to the concrete panels and spaced up to 4' apart. The roof sheets are fixed directly to the trusses. All trusses are manufactured using 2"x2" (50x50mm) box section steel with a black primer paint finish. Other concrete sectional buildings include lightweight trusses with horizontal braces at eaves height which reduce the internal headroom. These heavy duty trusses feature less bracing so there is more headroom inside.
PORTAL FRAME CONSTRUCTION – OVER 10' WIDE: A unique quality feature of these heavy duty concrete sheds and garages is the welded steel portal frame construction which is included as standard with every building 12' wide or wider. The mini portal frames are manufactured using 4"x2" (100x50mm) box section steel throughout, from floor to ridge. Steel purlins are fitted between the portal frames and the roof sheets are fixed directly to the purlins. All steel is painted with a black primer finish. These heavy duty portal frames require very little horizontal bracing so there is much more headroom inside.
ANTI-CONDENSATION ROOF SHEETS: The roof is clad with heavy duty galvanized steel roof sheets. The underside is finished with a no drip anti-condensation layer. An absorbent fibrous mat is applied to the underside of the steel roof sheets which absorbs condensation. The fibrous mat absorbs water which then evaporates when the temperature rises. It is a permanent felt based moisture barrier which is applied to the metal sheet during manufacture. The anti-condensation coating is a light grey colour with an attractive fabric finish.
INTERNAL MORTAR FILLET: The price includes laying a mortar fillet on the inside of your building between the concrete panels and the base to prevent water ingress under the walls. This important finishing touch is not always included with other concrete buildings.
INTERNAL SIZES AND BASE SIZES: Concrete sheds and workshops require a substantial concrete base which should be slightly larger than the shed. The ideal size is 3" or 75mm bigger than the shed on all sides. To calculate the correct base size for any concrete shed or workshop just add 6" or 150mm to the external width and 6" or 150mm to the external length. The external shed sizes are listed in the SIZES & PRICES chart. The internal width is approximately 5" or 125mm smaller than the external width. The internal length is approximately 9" or 225mm smaller than the external length.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear. The length refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang.
- Choice of window and door positions - windows and doors can be positioned almost anywhere to suit your needs
- Choice of white PVCu gables and fascias or preservative treated timber at the same price
- Choice of white PVCu or preservative treated timber joinery windows
- Opening windows
- Additional windows - windows can be positioned anywhere to suit your needs
- Available with no windows for improved security at no additional cost
- Extra wide 3'6" door in place of standard 2'6" wide door
- Granular steel roof tiles with a 40 year guarantee in a choice of colours
- Translucent roof sheets
- Choice of black or white half round PVCu guttering with downpipe to one or both sides
- Higher walls
GRANULAR STEEL ROOF TILES: These lightweight granular steel roof tiles are guaranteed for 40 years. The tiles have been tried and tested in every climate throughout the world from hurricanes and hailstones to heatwaves. Uses include homes, flats, schools, offices and all types of buildings. The tiles are pressed from galvanized steel with two further protective layers of weather resistant acrylic and a coverage of natural stone chips. The natural stone chips are bonded to the tiles to give a weatherproof surface with an attractive textured appearance. The granular steel tiles are fixed into substantial timber purlins span which between the portal frames in place of the standard steel purlins, adding to the traditional feel of a tiled roof. The timber purlins are 2"x2" (50 x 50mm) for smaller garages and 3"x2" (70mm x 50mm) for larger garages over 10'9" wide. The tiles are available in a choice of terracotta or grey. Colours are as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
TRANSLUCENT ROOF PANELS: Translucent panels are available with the same profile as the brown plastisol coated steel roof sheets. One translucent panel can be used instead of one standard roof sheet to provide a very effective translucent rooflight. One translucent panel above a workbench will provide additional daylight in one area. Alternatively, to fully illuminate a smaller concrete shed or workshop requires at least two panels, with one each side. Four panels may be required to fully illuminate longer sheds. The translucent roof sheets are self extinguishing to BS2782. Translucent roof panels are not available with granular steel roof tiles.
POSITION OF WINDOWS AND DOORS: If you like you can order your concrete shed without specifying the door and window positions - if so, we will contact you to discuss your requirements. If you prefer, you can order your shed online and use our Design Plan to specify where you want the windows and doors to be located. On the Design Plan each wall section has a unique reference number. Simply choose which wall sections you want to include a window or door. For structural reasons it is not possible to position windows or doors in the corner panels. In addition, there should be at least one full height concrete panel between each door or window. The concrete panels are each 2ft wide. Doors are two concrete panels wide regardless of door width.
EXTRA HIGH EAVES: The optional 7'0" (2134mm) eaves height features 7'0" (2134mm) high concrete panels. The optional 7'8" (2337mm) eaves height features 7'6" (2286mm) high concrete panels. The optional 8'8" (2642mm) eaves height features 8'6" (2591mm) high concrete panels. If higher walls are specified the door height remains the same.
- Delivery is normally between 6 and 8 weeks after order.
- Our prices for concrete buildings include all delivery charges
- Our concrete buildings are delivered and installed on the same day.
- Your building is delivered by specialist installers in dedicated vehicles. They can unload your building quickly and without assistance.
- The delivery vehicle is a large lorry, typically around 33' or 10m long and 9' or 2.7m wide. It is unloaded from the side, normally onto the verge at the front of the property. A suitable parking area is required within 50 yards (46 metres) of the base for your building.
- The heavy concrete panels are carried from the lorry on trolleys. This requires a clear route over a solid and hard surface between the lorry parking area and the base for your building. Concrete, tarmac, slabs and brickweave are normally suitable surfaces for the trolleys. Soil, shingle, steep slopes and flights of stairs may cause a problem.
- The minimum clear width required for the trolleys is 2'9" or 840mm wide.
- With advance warning we can normally overcome most access restrictions, often at no extra cost. Please contact us if you have any concerns regarding the access at your site.
- All garden shed prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this garden shed by phone or online.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.
- All prices include FREE INSTALLATION by specialist trained staff.
- Your concrete building will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you.