5 Aug, 2020 09:09:55
Two Storey Playhouse 41 - Upstairs to one Side
Sizes 7'x5', 7'x7' or 8'x6'. These excellent quality playhouses feature deal shiplap cladding and an integral loft with balustrade, ladder and safety rail. Other quality features include a single hinged door and two front windows each with decorative shutters and a window box. Options include a 2' deep verandah, decorative felt tiles and external paint treatment in a choice of colours.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 5th August.
The prices INCLUDE DELIVERY and FREE INSTALLATION complete with glazing. Unlike others we do not add delivery charges at the checkout. Our local baselaying service is also available in many postcode areas.
- Free same day installation
- These playhouses have CE Safety Certification (conforms to European health, environmental and safety regulations). Complies with BS5665 EN71.
- All playhouses are treated by total immersion in a high quality preservative
- Upstairs platform with balustrade, ladder and safety rail
- Single hinged door with decorative diamond feature and anti trap plastic strip
- Georgian style glazing
- 1 double window and 1 single window in the front wall
- All windows include decorative artificial shutters and a window box
- Windows glazed with perspex safety glazing and vertical timber beads with external silicone seal
- Strong ex 2" planed framework (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Strong ex 2" floor joists
- Strong ex 2" planed roof purlins (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- Green mineral felted roof
- Internal height at the low side 5' (1525mm)
- Internal height at the high side 6'1" (1855mm)
- Ridge height 8'2" (2490mm)
- 7' x 5' overall size including optional verandah 7' x 7' (2130mm x 2130mm)
- 7' x 7' overall size including optional verandah 7' x 9' (2130mm x 2740mm)
- 8' x 6' overall size including optional verandah 8' x 8' (2435mm x 2435mm)
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality playhouse. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your playhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
SAFETY FIRST: This wooden playhouse is as safe as practically possible and strong enough to withstand normal play. Door hinges include a gap large enough to prevent trapping a child's finger as the door closes. Doors are non locking and easily opened with little force. Screws and nails are recessed into the wood with no points or sharp edges protruding. Any glazing in doors or windows is perspex safety glazing. No decorative lead is applied to the glazing. The loft area is strong enough to support the weight of several children. The ladder width and rung spacing ensures safe and comfortable use. The safety balustrade is strong enough to withstand children falling against it with gaps narrow enough to prevent a child falling through. The preservative used complies with BS5665/EN71 part 3. This playhouse is for domestic use and suitable for children aged 3 to 10 years and weighing less than 50kg. It is not suitable for children under 3 years old due to possible health and safety hazards. Adult supervision is required at all times.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. These sizes do not include the optional verandah. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The length refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are external wall sizes. These sizes do not including the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- High quality external paint system offered in a wide choice of colours. The coloured paint finish is applied externally to the immersion treated timber. Choice of one or two colours.
- Choice of upstairs loft on the left side or right side (viewed from outside)
- 2' deep verandah with decking floor and balustrade to each side
- Pressure treated 3" x 3" floor bearers (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Decorative green, red or brown mineral felt tiles
- Decorative scalloped fascias - This option is not available on a building fitted with felt tiles
- This playhouse can be made in smaller sections if access is restricted
COLOURED EXTERNAL PAINT FINISH: This building is available treated with a high quality microporous paint system in a choice of opaque colours. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Microporous woodstains offer superior absorption and protection plus greater durability. One or two colours can be chosen, with the doors, windows, fascias and verandah balustrades being painted the same colour as the external cladding or different. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
FLOOR BEARERS: Bearers are substantial pressure treated beams under the floor, which will prolong the life of your playhouse. The bearers are the only part of the playhouse which is in contact with the ground and they are pressure treated for longer life. The bearers also raise the floor above the ground. This allows air to circulate under the floor to reduce dampness and also reduces saturation of the lower cladding boards.
DECORATIVE FELT TILES: Mineral coated bitumen felt tiles are an attractive and durable roofing material which is far more hardwearing than standard roofing felt. Traditionally used for small buildings only in the UK, most felt tiles are made in Scandinavia where they are used widely in housebuilding.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these playhouses is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your playhouse can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. There is a charge for this option and notice is required with the order. For more details see "Other options".
EXTRA COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION: This item is currently available within the estimated delivery times below, with no delays. Our delivery times are slower than normal due to unprecedented demand.
- Delivery is normally between 11 and 13 weeks after order for unpainted playhouses.
- Delivery is normally between 11 and 13 weeks after order for painted finish playhouses.
- Our playhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These playhouses are normally delivered by the fitters in dedicated vehicles. This ensures less damage and no delay between delivery and fitting. Most cheaper playhouses are delivered by national carriers who normally deliver to the kerbside only and cause more damage. Their prices are based on weight and panel sizes. As a result, playhouses delivered by outside carriers are made in small and flimsy lightweight sections with less wood. The benefits of our specialist delivery service include less damage, larger more rigid panels and heavier construction.
- All playhouse prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this playhouse by phone or online.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
- All prices include FREE INSTALLATION by specialist trained staff.
- Your playhouse will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you.
FREE INSTALLATION: This playhouse includes free installation. Because of this it is better made than other playhouses. Everything possible is done to speed up installation and minimize problems on site. The result is better quality playhouses which are fitted quickly with few complications. Features of these playhouses include careful construction with high quality components and fewer problems.
Features and Accessories
Minimum base sizes
Playhouse base preparation and other information
Recycled plastic DIY base kits - 150 tonnes per square metre
Decorative felt tiles
Close up view of cladding
Close up photo of felt tiles
Solar powered inside lights - no running costs
Solar powered string lights
Paint finish - Full colour chart
Paint finish - main colour options
Paint finish - second colour options
Decorative apex fascias